Chapter 48

Chapter 48

What Seol had handed over to Kibo was the shadow venom's antidote that he created with the Poisonous Herb powder.

Since it was something that only Seol could make, it was also something that he had to come up with the price for.

Kibo, who was still looking at the antidote, was silent for a moment.

"Is this... the shadow venom's antidote?"

"As you can see."

"How did you make... no, more importantly, how did you get the materials for it?"

"Is that important?"

"It isn't. I-It isn't important at all. I apologize."

Mira was shocked as it was her first time ever seeing Kibo so flustered.

"Antidote? Are you saying that this is the shadow venom's antidote?" asked Mira.

"I don't like to answer the same question twice."

"Th-then does this mean Kibo can be healed?"

"That's also the same question."

"But..."

Like a granddaughter worrying for her grandfather, Mira didn't easily believe that the antidote was real. Kibo, seeing that, comforted her with one hand.

"Mira, from this point on, just listen."

"Kibo!"

"I want you to just listen, Mira. This isn't a conversation that you should've joined in the first place. Or would you rather wait outside?"

"Urgh..."

Kibo spoke sternly to her. Mira had seen Kibo act like that a few times before and when he did, he scared her.

Mira stayed silent as she took glances at Seol. Seol didn't think of her negatively because of it though.

'She must really like Kibo.'

They were a unique pair.

A female transferee and the experienced leader of a ruins hunter faction.

Kibo continuously tried to teach her and she followed him without hesitation.

As Seol was thinking about their relationship, Kibo opened his mouth.

"What do you want for it? Gallotta's Tongue?"

"That was already on the table. I want something else."

"...Something else?"

"A treasure or rare quality item or information that I might find useful."

Kibo was silent.

It seemed like something was troubling him. Kibo then sighed and opened his mouth.

"We've already sold off all of our treasures because of the war of nerves with Heka. Could you take our circumstances into consideration?"

"I don't know... I think I've been more than kind to you already."

"Hm?"

"Trading this antidote with you is kindness enough."

"Haha... you aren't wrong. I see."

"What does he mean, Kibo?"

Kibo slowly, painstakingly nodded.

However, Mira was unable to keep up with their conversation at all.

"He's right. Think about what would've happened if he took this antidote and went to Heka, Mira."