CHAPTER THREE: CONNECTED

Megan POV
The Next Day/Saturday

"Sister you gotta stop zoning out, you gone make it very obvious that you high." I said as I pulled Leo closer to me as we walked into her school. "You know the last time they caught you high they called daddy."

"I'm good sis, thank you. You just signing this uhhh... permission slip then we out." She said hugging my side as we walked. Leo had always been clinging with me since we were kids. I'm the big sister that she loves and listens to and Jordan is the big sister she argues down but at the end of the day they still love each other.

With Leo being my only younger sibling I feel that it's my duty to protect her with my life. Especially because mama isn't here to protect us anymore.

"Oh Megan? You're here to sign Leondra's permission slip?" Leo's counselor Ms. James asked. I nodded and she waved me over to come to her office.

Stepping in with Leo right next to me I made small talk with Ms. James as she printed off said permission slip.

"And can you tell me what this field trip is for again?" I asked as I filled in all the information for the slip.

"Oh yeah of course. We're talking her club, Women In Technology, on a field trip to some colleges in and around Houston, Dallas, and Austin. She already paid her admission fees so her room and food and tour merch is already covered."

I nodded listening to her rambling. I signed my name on the authorized guardian line and put the date and slid the pen and paper over to Ms. James.  "Sounds great, how long will she be gone? And what days?"

"Three days, October 3rd to the 6th."

I nodded and stood up. "Okay thank you so much Megan, it was nice to see you again, Leondra I hope you have fun sweetie." She smiled at me and Leo, who was looking at pamphlets on the wall in the office. She nodded and waved starting to head out as she typed on her phone.

I said my final goodbyes to Ms. James and I followed Leo out. Well attempted to. When I walked out the office I looked around and couldn't find her. "Leo?!" I whisper yelled looking from left to right. I heard giggling down the hallway, and around the corner. The hell this little girl doing?? I know it's her cause its not many kids in the school building on a Sunday. And there weren't that many cars in the parking lot. I turned the corner to see Leo tongue deep down some girl's throat.

My eyes went buck. Leo likes girls????

The girl she was kissing finally noticed me standing there and pulled back in shock. "Leo.."

"Why you actin shy, Solo?" Leo questioned still not seeing me standing behind her. Oh my sister a slutttt, I'm tellingggg.

"A-hem." I cleared my throat as I folded my arms smirking at her.

She slowly turned around and her chocolate cheeks turned red. "Ohhh heyyy sister. Whatrcha doing here??" She said rubbing her lips together to get the girl who I now know as Solo's lip gloss off her lips.

"Girl bring your fast ass on and leave people's daughter's alone..." I unnoticeably trailed off when I seen the Solo girl's face fully. She looks a lot like-

"Meg! Damn and you talk about me zoning out. But let's go 'cause uncle Farris said he not gone be at the studio much longer." I shook my head. "Right, but first introduce me to your friend." I said still maintaining eye contact with 'Solo' and she seemed to shrink under my gaze.

"Ughh, Meggy, this is my...girlfriend Solange, we been talking since before she moved back to Texas with her family." I nodded and shook my head. "Solo Cup, this is my sister Megan but you can call her blockhead."