Chapter 40 - Unhappy ending

Weeks, even months passed by, as we started to adjust to this bizarre world. Vera Thorne as a new leader, and we have left all of that army nonsense, in the beginning we were still hopeful for reinforcement, but we gave up on that. Little Joel grew a bit, and i know for sure that Vera and Zane spend most of their nights together.

I have my own lab, i have decided to study the walkers a bit more, but to put most of my focus on developing an antidote. Thomas and i share our own tent, Zane already knew about our relationship and most of the camp werent even surprised about it. i also test the newcomers blood, maybe somebody is special and can have the cure in them.

Thomas, liked his job of finding supplies, and he does it mostly with Noah. June has recovered from her sorrow of losing her dear husband. but none of them will ever be forgotten.

in the beginning a lot of people arrived to the camp to find refuge, but as time went on it also became less, so when i got called through a walke talke this morning to test newcomers, i was surprised.

I hurry through the camp, to arrive at the part of the nurse station were i first got greeted by nurse Alice.

"Where are they?" i ask Thomas, he was apparently the one who found them on one of his scavenger hunts. i walk into the room. 2 hispanic girls, beautifully tanned, one with curly hair pattern and the other with straight hair. I would guess they are sisters, beside them is a white man, with blonde hair and a maybe 2 week old beard.

i draw blood on the younger girl "I am Jane" i say to all 3 of them introducing myself.

"Christina Mendez" The older girl says "and this is my younger sister Alicia Mendez" she points at the girl whose blood i am drawing right now. i move to the older sister taking her blood now.

"And you?" i smile to the man, expecting him to introduce himself.

He looks at me with a look of disinterest. But he introduces himself.

"Evan Boyle".

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

Word count : 400

By night-ed

Book one : Untold Story

_______________________

Total word count : 41400-41500 words

total Google docs pages : 110

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽