Chapter 10

"I didn't expect Nan Qiao to be such a person. In the past, I thought she was an upright person when I saw her beautiful face. What a waste of her good looks."

"Tsk, who doesn't know that you care only about appearance?" Qiuqiu sneered.

It's because some boys don't have brains. They fall in love with anyone who's a little good-looking. They usually didn't care about character at all.

The boy who was scolded could not say anything. He just scratched his head with an awkward expression.

Outside the door, Huo Yichen was just passing by Class Two. He did not expect to hear such a thing.

However, the expression on the boy's face did not change at all, as if he had not heard anything.

He couldn't help but think about how Nan Qiao had been helping out in the shop for the past two days. This didn't seem to coincide with the story here.

When Huo Yichen went to the office to hand in his homework, he saw Nan Qiao arguing with her parents.

"You still have the cheek to say that you went to work. Who would want to hire you?" Nan Kang's words were unpleasant and filled with disdain.

Seeing that Huo Yichen was here, Nan Qiao only narrowed her eyes. "If you don't believe me, then forget it."

Huo Yichen was very surprised. When Nan Qiao looked at him just now, he thought that Nan Qiao wanted him to testify for her, but she didn't say anything in the end.

Huo Yichen's handsome and arrogant eyes trembled slightly but were quickly concealed.

Since Nan Qiao didn't say anything, he naturally wouldn't mention it.

He turned around and left the office.

"I work in a coffee shop. I saved the five hundred yuan myself. You can investigate it yourself. I don't believe that Mr. Nan can't dig out this bit of information."

Nan Qiao's cold gaze met Nan Kang's.

Nan Kang actually saw some mockery in it.

Since Nan Qiao had already dared him to investigate, it seemed like the person who took Nan Zhi's money was really not Nan Qiao.

At this moment, everyone was very embarrassed because they all believed that it was Nan Qiao who did it.

Seeing that the atmosphere was not right, Nan Zhi clenched her fists tightly.

What with Nan Qiao? Hadn't she been bad with explaining herself in the past?

Nan Zhi said in a panic, "Looks like everyone misunderstood Sister. Sister, don't be angry. I'm very happy that you can work part-time, but isn't it embarrassing for you to work in a coffee shop?"

At first, Nan Kang was just feeling a little awkward because he realized that he had misunderstood his daughter. However, now that he heard Nan Zhi's words, the anger in his heart seemed to have found a breakthrough.

"You actually went to an indecent place like the coffee shop to work. You're simply embarrassing the entire family. If others find out that my daughter is working in a coffee shop, what will others think of me?"

When Nan Kang spoke, he was very fierce, like a vicious wolf that wished it could swallow Nan Qiao alive.

At this moment, He Qian also said gently, "Qiao, this is your mistake. You should quit your job. Although you've learnt to earn money yourself and I'm happy for you, it won't look good on your father if others find out."

Nan Qiao did not take He Qian seriously at all. Her cold eyes only looked at Nan Kang as she questioned him.

"What's wrong with a coffee shop? What do you mean by indecent place? How is it shameful when I earn money with my own hands and feet? Mr. Nan, do you still remember that before you married my mother, you worked in the kitchen?"