Chapter 153: Three Awkward Meetings

Yang Xin and Leng Yan did not expect Zheng Yue to work so hard. She even had to work two jobs a day.

When Zheng Yue, who was still holding the cake, saw Yang Xin and Leng Yan appear in the shop where she worked, she immediately pursed her lips and walked over to place the cake on the table. Then, she turned around and left.

Yang Xin looked at Zheng Yue walking away quickly in confusion and sensed something.

At noon in the canteen, Zheng Yue didn't seem to want to talk to them. Now that she saw the other party like this, she was not surprised.

"What is this attitude?" Yang Xin, who had been treated like this for the second time, pouted. She clearly stared unhappily in the direction Zheng Yue had left. "Are we ferocious beasts?"

This question was thrown to Leng Yan, but Leng Yan didn't quite understand what was going on with Zheng Yue.

With this, Yang Xin and Leng Yan naturally didn't have the appetite to continue eating their afternoon tea.

The two of them returned to school and complained to Murong Qiao, who was writing in the dormitory, about today and Zheng Yue.

However, as they chatted, the topic changed to how there was no delicious food near the school. The more they spoke, the more they drooled.

Murong Qiao's appetite was also aroused by their words. The three of them decided to go for a meal.

This was considered their first gathering since school started. After the three of them decided, they inevitably thought of Zheng Yue.

Although what happened in the afternoon made her a little unhappy, Yang Xin still had a good impression of Zheng Yue, so she called someone to ask if Zheng Yue was free to have a meal together tonight.

"She said that she's going to the library to study tonight." Yang Xin hung up the phone and explained to the other two.

Murong Qiao had no objections, and Leng Yan expressed that she was fine with it.

After all, Zheng Yue was working so hard to earn money and had to take care of her studies at the same time. They didn't force her.

Hence, the three of them dressed up and took a taxi to a high-end western cafeteria to eat.

However, as soon as she entered, Murong Qiao saw Zheng Yue standing at the door in a waiter's outfit. Yang Xin and Leng Yan, who entered later, also saw this scene. They looked at each other and were speechless.

"Hello, may I ask—" Zheng Yue only heard a voice at the door and instinctively walked over with a smile. In the end, she met Murong Qiao and the other two's eyes and her words stopped abruptly.

Unfortunately, this was the third time they had met awkwardly today.

Seeing that the person who should be studying in the library was now working here in a waiter's uniform, Yang Xin didn't know what to say.

Being stared at by the three of them, Zheng Yue immediately felt embarrassed. She didn't expect to be so unlucky today. She had actually been seen working by her roommates a few times in a row.

She stood there with a professional smile on her face, unable to retreat.

"Hello, we'd like to order." Murong Qiao spoke first in the silence, as if she knew how Zheng Yue was feeling at this moment. She deliberately didn't greet her and acted like a normal guest.

Murong Qiao ordered the dishes for the three of them in order. Then, she made some requests that the chef had to pay attention to.

Zheng Yue also looked like she had been saved. She hurriedly lowered her head and began to remember the order Murong Qiao had mentioned.