S01E02: Witches Before Wizards

Open on the Owl House

 The wind howls as it moves Luz's open and creaking window. Luz rolls over and breathes heavily—flashback to events that happened yesterday. 

FLASHBACK BEGINS

Owlbert hopped through the portal door in Eda's tent with a sack in his beak, Luz running through behind him, dragging Y/N.

LUZ: Stop adorably hopping away, you... Huh?

Cut to the living room, the first time Luz and Y/N entered.

EDA: Welcome to...

Eda snaps her fingers

EDA: The Owl House.

Luz gasps. 

Cut to Luz and Y/N's first staff ride, whimsical music playing over the scene. 

FLASHBACK ENDED

Cut to present. 

Luz wakes up with a gasp and looks around the room where King is snoring.

LUZ: It wasn't a dream!

Luz opens the window.

LUZ: Good morning, terrifying fantasy world.

A monster waves at her.

MONSTER: Good morning.

The monster sinks into the ocean.

LUZ: Ughhh.

Luz noticed that Y/N was outside, wearing the strange object he had around his fingers yesterday, moving his arm in a circular motion while extending his index and middle minger together.

LUZ: Y/N?

Y/N didn't hear her as he was focused. Two portals appear horizontally before him a couple of seconds later, causing Luz to gasp in amazement. One portal was on the ground while the other was a few feet above the one on the ground. Taking a step, Y/N disappears into the portal and then reappears from the one above, causing him to repeat the process as Luz hears the sound of him laughing.

LUZ: Note to self: Have Y/N teach me how to do that.

King continues snoring until Luz picks him up, waking him.

LUZ:  Good morning, you little cutie-pie.

Luz kisses his head repeatedly.

KING: I am not your cutie-pie!

LUZ: Yes, you are.

She hugs him tightly before putting him back down on her sleeping bag.

King sighs.

KING: I know.

Cut to Luz, fully dressed, opening the bathroom door. 

Several owls fly out of it, hooting. She watches them fly away before entering, walking backward.

HOOTY: Hi, Luz!

Luz screams and karate chops Hooty's face.

HOOTY: Ow! I'm just wishing you a good morning. 

Hooty retreats to the front door.

HOOTY: Jeez! Hoot! Ow!

LUZ: Sorry, Hooty.