S02E01: Separate Tides

Open on Luz holding a ball of light in one hand and carrying the Owl Staff in the other through a cave with Y/N right beside her, carrying his staff. They stop when they see a large shadow on the wall before her. Offscreen there is a deep laugh. Luz gasps.

GARLOG: Foolish children. Leave this place before you meet your demise

LUZ: Do not underestimate me, Garlog. For I am the good witch, Luz, hunter of monsters

Luz perches the staff on her shoulder like a bazooka.

LUZ: Now eat this sucka—what?

Garlog turns out to be a tiny creature casting a shadow standing in front of a lantern. Y/N picks him up and he lets out a squeak trying to escape.

Y/N: You're Garlog?

Luz pulls out his wanted poster, depicting him as much larger and worth 4,000 snails, and compares it to the real thing.

Y/N: This is pathetic.

GARLOG: Small I may be, but you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you—

Garlog gets cut off by King, who eats him whole

LUZ: King, drop it now. Drop it now!

King mumbles and runs off. Luz chases after him.

LUZ: Drop it! No! I'm not gonna play right now! King!

Y/N: (Sigh) Pyra.

Pyra unscrewed herself off the staff, flew above King, and shot out a small fire from her beak. The fire hit King's tail, causing him to spit out Garlog, sending the wanted demon crashing on a wall, slowly sliding down to the floor, covered in saliva.

KING: Weh!

LUZ: Hold still and I'll put it out!

Luz chases King around the cave with King's tail still on fire. Pyra landed on Y/N's shoulder and both of them watched Luz and King running in circles.

Y/N: Glad to see everyone's having fun.

The Owl House is shown, with the wind howling. Cut to Luz's room, where Garlog is stuffed in a bottle while Luz sets her phone against it.

Luz boops Garlog's nose.

LUZ: Boop!

Luz turns on the camera to say hello to her mother.

LUZ: Hola, Mama! You haven't heard from me in a while. It's been a week and a half since the petrification ceremony. A week and a half since I destroyed the portal home. I had to. Emperor Belos was going to kill Eda if I didn't hand it over. But I couldn't let him use it, so I blew it up with some magic fire... (To herself.) She's not gonna understand any of this. That's okay, Luz. Just keep moving forward. (To Camila.) This world is filled with inexplicable magical wonders, like this portal key!

Luz pulls out the item in question.

LUZ: I don't know if it contains magic, but I'm gonna study all I can and find a way back to you. A-And look!

Luz lifts her leg to show King holding onto it.

LUZ: I have friends to help me.

KING: I'm never letting you go! You're never returning to the human realm! And that goes for Y/N, too!