S01E17: Wing It Like Witches

Open on Boscha with her hair down in her bedroom, which is filled with various trophies. She looks into her mirror.

BOSCHA: You are talented. You are a star. You may be hated, so long as you are feared.

As she speaks, she puts her hair into the usual bun and then stands up, putting on a varsity jacket before heading for the door.

BOSCHA: Most important of all, you are a winner.

Boscha rips off a page of her calendar before walking out the door, revealing the whole month has been marked "Grudgby Season". Cut to Boscha walking through Bonesborough dribbling a grudgby ball, passing several mesmerized onlookers.

OLD WOMAN 1: There she goes, captain of the Banshees. Off to win another championship for Hexside.

OLD WOMAN 2 (TO CHILD): Why can't you be more like her?

The child breathes in deeply with an annoyed expression.

Boscha approaches Hexside, with a banner reading "Go get 'em, Banshees" magically unfurling over the school. Boscha snaps her fingers and Skara, Amelia, and Cat form up behind her.

BOSCHA: Alright, girls. You know the drill. Captain goes first.

Boscha enters the school.

BOSCHA: Hello, Hexside! Your star has arrived. Groveling line starts here.

Boscha looks around.

BOSCHA: Something's not right. Nobody's here!

Students laughing from a distance. Boscha peers around a corner, spotting a crowd of students gathered around Willow, who is holding a potted plant.

HEXSIDE STUDENT: No way!

POTION STUDENT: Do me next. Do me!

Willow uses her magic, the plant sprouting a fruit looking like the potion student's face. The student takes it.

POTION STUDENT: Welcome to the world, little buddy. You're the coolest, Willow.

Willow blushed.

WILLOW: Aw, shucks!

BIRD STUDENT: Yeah, Willow rules!

Boscha walks past with her posse.

BOSCHA: Wow, she has to make friends out of plants. How sad.

Amity enters.

AMITY: Oh, please! You know, I used to be like you, Boscha, obsessed with status, challenging my competition. But I grew up. When will you?

The crowd of students laughs.

BOSCHA (ANGERED): Oh, this is not gonna fly.

Cut to the outside of Hexisde

Eda, Luz, and Y/N fly in on Eda's staff.

LUZ: My first grudgby season! I'm so excited, I have more school spirit than the school spirits!

The camera pans to a ghost holding pom-poms.

GHOST: Why do I even bother?

The ghost groans and floats away.

EDA: Ah, grudgby season is the best. You know, I used to play, back in my gory days.