S02E03: Echoes of the Past

Open in the middle of a mystical forest, during a boiling rainstorm. A small, furry creature peeks out from a log and then hides back in when a hooded woman runs past. 

She runs into a ruined building to seek shelter from the boiling rain and pulls their hood down, revealing herself as a younger Eda, with shorter ginger hair and lighter streaks. 

She looks at her cape, annoyed that the rain had burnt holes in it. 

As she walks further in, unbeknownst to her, a pair of glowing yellow eyes appear from an aperture within a pile of fallen rocks. 

Eda wanders further into the ruins, past a cluster of stacked rock formations, when a shadowy figure runs past in the foreground, startling Eda.

Eda brandishes her staff.

YOUNG EDA: Who's there? Reveal yourself!

Cut to a perspective view from this mysterious figure, approaching Eda from behind. Eda turns around and gasps.

In the present, Luz and Y/N are at the Owl House. Luz is studying and experimenting with glyphs in a notebook while Y/N is studying and casting different types of spells from a spellbook. 

LUZ: Hmmm...

Y/N: Interesting.

Luz starts drawing a glyph but scribbles it out. She makes a frustrated grunt. King dives through, tumbling books over.

KING: Luz! Y/N! I need your help! I think Francois is trying to start a rebellion.

Pan to the couch, covered in King's plushies. Francois, his pale pink bunny, is sitting in the center on a pillow. After a beat, a jagged dagger with a red gem on the hilt falls out from behind him.

LUZ: In a minute, King. I'm getting so close to figuring out this glyph combo.

Y/N: And I almost got this spell figured out.

KING: It's always glyphs, spells, and portals with you two these days. What about King?

LUZ: Why don't you ask Lilith for help? She was in the Emperor's Coven. She has more experience with unruly mobs than anyone.

Y/N looks to see Lilith kneeling at the desk, extremely focused on drawing a glyph with a red paintbrush. She's bent over, eyes only a short distance from the paper. Her hair is messy and the whites of her eyes are huge, with tiny irises.

Y/N: Mom, are you okay?

Lilith giggled giddily, not looking at Y/N as she stared at the glyph.

LILITH: I'm fine, sweetie. Just watching the ink dry is the best part.

King grunts in disapproval while Y/N has a look of concern for his mother's well-being. 

Hooty gives Lilith a mug.

HOOTY: A fresh cup of tea for my favorite cup of tea. That's you, Lulu.

Lilith smooths her hair, and her eyes turn back to normal.

LILITH: Hootsifer, you truly are a gem.

Lilith pets his head.

LILITH: How do you always know what to do?

King whispers to Luz and Y/N.