S01E11: Sense and Insensitivity

Open on Eda's Human Collectibles stand in the market 

King holds up a tray of mostly inedible human things.

KING: Partake of my free snack samples! Take them; I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!

Several people pass but none even look at him. He throws the tray on the ground.

KING: Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such.

EDA: Yeah... hey!

She grabs a passerby by the cowl and sniffs him.

EDA: It reeks more of nerd than money today.

LUZ & Y/N: Guys!

Eda lets go of the passerby.

PASSERBY: Ah!

LUZ: You will not believe what's going on!

Luz poses under a banner.

LUZ: It's a book fair! Where books come to life!

A book jumps off one of the stands next to Luz.

BOOK: Hello.

Luz screams and kicks it.

Y/N holds out a book.

Y/N: And I found a book about palismans. This might give me some ideas for carving my own.

Y/N took out his phone.

Y/N: I don't like to brag-

LUZ: Yes, you do.

Y/N: Okay, I do, but back in the human realm, when I took up a woodshop in my first year in school, let's just say that I made a good impression.

He turned his phone and showed Eda and King a picture of him beside a wooden totem pole holding a paper with an A+ in one hand and a blue ribbon in the other.

LUZ: I still can't believe you took part in a competition. You usually don't bother entering those sorts of things.

Y/N: Owning a natural talent that not only gives you a passing grade, but a prize money is involved, who wouldn't?

EDA: (Laughs) I like the way you think, kid.

KING: Still, a fair without rides?

BOY: Who needs rides when this...

The boy shoves a book in King's face.

BOY: ...can take you anywhere?

KING: Nyeh.

King throws a strip of bacon on the boy's head. A winged demon flies by and picks him up. The boy screams.

EDA: A, ew.

Eda throws a book on the ground.

EDA: B, I'm bored. C, I feel like pickpocketing some dork while they browse.

Eda walks off.

Y/N: I guess where there's no money around, the Owl Lady hunts for potential buyers.

LUZ: No, wait! (To King) Will you give it a chance? I'll let you ride in my hoodie!

Luz puts her hood up.

KING: Ooohoohoohoo!

Cut to Luz and Y/N walking through the book fair with King in Luz's hood