CHAPTER 16: overstepping the boundaries

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE!

THOUGH NOT TOO MUCH BUT THE REACH IS INCREASING AND I AM HAPPY FOR THAT..! 

WE'VE REACHED 800+ READS! THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING OUT TIME FROM YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE AND READING THIS BOOK..!

VOTE KARLIYAA KAROO YAARR! ACCHA LAGTA HAII!!

AUR COMMENTS BHI KAR HI DIYAA KAROOO!! UK UR AUTHOR IS VERY SHARMEELI AUR BOLNE MEI SHARAM AATI HAI..!

KABHI KABHI IF I GET DEMOTIVATED OR GET NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS BOOK THEN I'LL TRULY FEEL HAPPY READING YOUR COMMENTS!

LOVE YOU ALL BOHOT SAARA!

HAPPY READING!

________________________________________________________________________________

ASIM'S POV:

It's been one week since we've been married. I'll have to admit that girl is awesome. and that girl is now my wife. ohh how good it feels to call her my wife. but it is not how it's supposed to be. she is my wife but it shouldn't feel good to call her that. the past one week was usual and stress free. she didn't meddle much in my business. just like how i wanted it to be. More than her, i made sure to never cross paths with her. I arrived home late at night when she was asleep and left early in the morning. Our interactions were very fewer. We only spoke whenever i called her regarding her college.

I had promised her parents to allow her to continue her studies and i wholly agree that an individual should never give up on their education no matter what came in their way. That is what i liked about her. She was determined about her studies. She never showed any lack of interest when i contacted her regarding her leave application for all these days and her date of rejoining. She was enthusiastic enough regarding her college and her studies.

Everything was going well until day before yesterday...

FLASHBACK:

It's 1 am right now and i just returned home. I've been returning late due to many reasons and avoiding her is one of them. It's not that she makes me uncomfortable or that i don't like her. it's quite the opposite actually. i feel a magnetic pull towards her. i think it'll be impossible for me to stay away from her if i am anywhere near around her. This girl really has this aura. she makes me feel at peace. And it's been almost forever since i've been at peace. These emotions, they scare me. I don't want to feel any emotion that could make me weak. And all my emotions revolve around her these days.

She's not the sole reason i've been away from home these days. I have a very important collaboration program that i've been working on since one month. It's taking shit load of my time and since its a very important one, i can't take any risks and i myself should check the progress at every step. This deal has made me so occupied that i haven't been taking care of my schedule much. I haven't had enough sleep for a whole week and my meal intakes are getting reduced day by day and i have started to feel weak. not that i care, there are many more important things to be taken care of.

I walked towards my bedroom, now not only mine. The door was partially opened and light was spilling through the crack. is she still up? what is she doing up so late? I slowly opened the door and peeked in. There she was, sitting on the couch with all the books and papers scattered around her. she was biting the back of her pencil and had a slight frown on her face. looks like she's trying to understand something. CUTE.

control asim. you have many other things to handle. with this thought i opened the door completely and entered the room which made her divert her attention towards me. i removed my coat and placed it on the bed and kept my watch on the side table after removing it. That is when i heard her slow melodious voice.

AAYAT: heyy..

ASIM: hmm

AAYAT: do you return back every day at this time.

ASIM: hmm

she looked annoyed. maybe my replies annoyed her. but that was least of my concern. Nevertheless she continued speaking.

AAYAT: did you have dinner?

ASIM: no

AAYAT: freshen up. i'll serve dinner.

ASIM: i am not hungry.

AAYAT: did you have lunch?

ASIM: no.

AAYAT: you'll fall ill at this rate. freshen up and have dinner. please?

she gave me those puppy eyes and asked me in a pleading tone. how could i ever reject her? i simply nodded and entered the bathroom to freshen up. I took a warm relaxing shower, this is the only thing that has been keeping me sane. there's too much stress of work and these weird emotions i feel when i am near her. I need to focus. it is not going to work this way. 

I came out of the shower and saw her entering the room with a tray containing food. she placed it on the small table in front of the couch not before clearing the mess she'd made there with all her books. I just watched her every move. damn i need to get a hold of myself. 
her voice broke the trance of my thoughts.

AAYAT: you're done? have dinner then.

i just nodded and sat on the couch while she sat beside me maintaining a more than required distance. she buried herself in her books again. not liking the silence, i decided to break it.

ASIM: why are you up so late?

AAYAT: oh.. ughh i'll be back to college in a few days and i have exams approaching shortly. I've missed a lot of syllabus due to the wedding and need to catch up on that. I'll be awake pretty much every night now till my exams end.

i just nodded for a reply.

ASIM: did you have dinner?

AAYAT: ughh no.  ammi had forced me to have fruits in the evening so i didn't feel like eating in the night.

ASIM: you've brought too much for me. have some.

AAYAT: that's ok i am not-

I just glared at her to which she gulped and slowly took one roti with a bit of curry and ate it silently. i just sat there looking at her. she looked adorable. 

AAYAT: is there something on my face?

ASIM: huh? no. you should finish eating and continue with your studies. I'll be in the study. I have some work. she nodded slowly looking disappointed. i was disappointed too but that's the whole reason i was leaving the room right now. there was no way i was going to concentrate on work with her around me. And i cannot afford to have distractions.

It was around 4 am when i returned back to the room, she was asleep on the couch in an uncomfortable position and she was shivering. i sighed and placed a pillow below her head and covered her with a spare blanket. I couldn't help but to gaze at her face. she looked heavenly. those soft features and doe eyes. the way her lips formed a pout when she was asleep. i stuck a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. I sighed and stole a one last glance of her and laid down on the bed and tried to sleep.

keyword: tried.

I've never been high on sleeping. atleast not after that night. it still haunts me. 

I won't let the past consume me. i have many other things to take care of. too many responsibilities. my wife being the main one.

FLASHBACK ENDS.