CHAPTER 35: the separation

HEYYYYY GUYSSS!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE YESTERDAY!!

BUT I AM HERE WITH A NEW CHAPTER!!

AND AND

WE HIT 2.5K YA'LL!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

IT WAS SOO FAST!

I KNOW MANY OTHER BOOKS REACH MILESTONES THAT ARE LARGER IN AN EVEN SHORTER SPAN OF TIME BUT I AM HAPPY WITH THIS!!

AND SINCE I HAD TOLD THAT I'LL BE REVEALING SOMETHING SPECIAL WHEN WE REACH 2.5K..

YESS YOU'LL BE GETTING THAT SURPRISE TODAY!!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

I LOVE YA'LL!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

HAPPY READING!

_______________________________________________________________________________

LYKA'S POV:

It's been three days since that incident, when he left me abruptly and I've been trying to reach him ever since. But there's no hint of where he is. He doesn't reply my texts, neither does he picks up calls. And whenever I go to his office, its empty. I miss him. I miss him soo bad. I don't know what's the reason behind this sudden distance from his side but i can't take it anymore. Its too much for me.

I couldn't control myself last time and I called aayat yesterday. She's not in town so there's no chance of us meeting. I tried to hide the fact that i had been crying but who was i even kidding. She knew me better than I do. When she was adamant no one could convince her to let go of the matter, so i ended up telling her everything that had happened between me and sathya. First she was shocked because she didn't know that her favorite author sathya, asim's best friend sathya and my sathya were all the same person. Second she was happy because all this while I had someone who could support me in her absence. And lastly and ultimately, she was angry at him for ignoring me. But being the supportive, sensible and understanding person that she is, she didn't let my mind wander in the wrong direction. She didn't tell me to just let him go because he was being distant. She told me to hold a proper conversation with him and I am glad that she thinks the same as me and I was soo much more assured after getting her support. She also told me about herself and her husband asim getting close to each other. She was finally getting the happiness that she deserved and I couldn't be more happier. Initially, their relationship was not in a very good condition as well, but as they say good things take time, their love story is taking a bit of time, but I am sure as hell they'll be the most perfect couple.

With no intention of enclosing myself inside the four walls of my house, I decided to go out today. Just me. I wanted some alone time to clear my mind off things. I decided to go buy a few groceries as I wanted to bake brownies for sathya. Yes I know right now we weren't exactly in a very normal or friendly situation like we used to be in the past but I wouldn't give up. After the tragedy I had to go through, My feelings towards sathya is something that's giving me the courage to hold on to it. I entered the supermarket and bought all the necessary items required for my today's plan. The line at the billing counter was a long one but yet nothing could hinder the excitement I was feeling. I was determined to make it work, no matter walk.

After getting my shopping billed and paying for it, I came out of the super market. It was already late in the evening so I chose a different route than the one I had initially taken while visiting the supermarket. This one had much more life to it, with cafes and small shops to flower shops, stationaries and so much more. It was a calm evening and I was feeling totally fresh. Yepp, my decision of taking a walk wasn't bad after all. It was until that moment. The scene in front of my eyes broke my heart.

I was just randomly gazing through the cafe's and observing how happy people were. Well most of them atleast. There were a few groups of friends who were laughing their heart out as if they couldn't care less about this world. It reminded me of my little gang. How happy we were when we were together. There were couples on dates, few very shy. It must be their first date. I don't know why but I started blushing after imagining what mine and sathya's date would look like.

But a familiar figure caught my eye and it felt as if oxygen was drawn out of my body. I couldn't breathe. I was feeling nauseous. SATHYA WAS THERE WITH ANOTHER GIRL. All this while, I've been crying for him, I didn't get enough sleep just waiting for his replies. And here he was? smiling at someone else? My heart felt as if someone had stabbed it. It was in pain. Raw pain.

LYKA: no lyka, don't jump to conclusions. He must've been busy. Let me call him.

With a little bit of hope I had left in me, I dailed his no. One ring, Two rings.. Three rings. I saw him look at his phone and he immediately cut my call. I couldn't feel anymore hurt.

LYKA: he must be busy. It must be related to work. Yeah that must be it. Let's not overthink it.

But my heart wasn't ready to accept it. So I went inside the cafe and sat on the chair just behind him with my backing facing his back. I could listen to their talks. I know its bad to listen to people's conversations but with my condition right now, I couldn't differ between good and bad.

SATHYA: well yeah, I've been free all this time tho. You should've just given me a call if you wanted to meet.

??: Really? I thought you were busy.

SATHYA: well i don't really have any book that i've been working on currently, so yeah I am free most of the time.

??: That's great then. We can meet more in future.

SATHYA: yeah sure.

??: okay then! I am running late..! See you soon!

SATHYA: sure byee!

LIE. LIE. LIE. All this while, I was lying to myself saying he might be busy. I always kept saying that he would never ignore my calls no matter what situation it might be. I was wrong. I WAS TERRIBLY WRONG. But was i going to leave without any answer? Hell no! I needed my answers and I would get them!

I saw him getting up as soon as that girl had left and that is when i decided to approach him. I got up from my seat and followed him outside. I couldn't hold it anymore. I need to get things cleared between us. It was now or never.

LYKA: sathya..

He stilled for a moment but turned around eventually. Color left his face as soon as he saw me. He was instantly pale. Well there wasn't much difference between our looks now.

SATHYA: what a-are y-you d-doing h-here l-lyka?

LYKA: *gulp* why weren't you picking up my calls? you didn't reply to my texts as well.

SATHYA: I-I w-was b-busy.

LYKA: don't even try to lie. I just now heard you telling you're friend that you had all the time in this world.

SATHYA: *frown* were you listening to our conversation?

LYKA: That's not the point here.

SATHYA: well eavesdropping on someone isn't ethical.

his face was cold. void of any expressions.

LYKA: then the thing you've been doing to me.. is it right? Does it feel right to ignore me?

SATHYA: I didn't ignore you.

LYKA: ohh please save this for someone else. We both clearly know what is going on.

SATHYA: well, since we're having this conversation now.. then let me clear. The thing that happened between us that day.. was a mere slip. I am glad I pulled away before anything would've happened but now, I think we should address this elephant in the room and get over with it. We were both emotional at that time and didn't know what we were doing-

LYKA: stop..! just stop! that's what you think it was? A mere slip?

SATHYA: well wasn't it?

LYKA: NO! no it wasn't! not for me! I was fully aware of what I was doing! Haven't we come a long way sathya? Aren't we more than friends?? don't we have some genuine feelings for each other?

SATHYA: *sigh* lyka.. we are just friends. This isn't right between us-

LYKA: you never know what is right and what is wrong! You don't even know what it would be like if we were together!

SATHYA: trust me lyka. I do. And it won't be good. I am not good enough for you.

LYKA: you are no one to decide if you are good enough for me or not! I am not letting you go away from me sathya!

SATHYA: what about me?? don't i get to have a say in this?

LYKA: w-what d-do y-you w-want?

SATHYA: I want nothing more than friendship. And if you think its difficult to be just friends, T-Then w-we c-can t-take a b-break on b-being f-friends.

LYKA: *sad chuckle* is this what you genuinely want?

He gulped but his nod was confident. It felt as if my world had shattered. I could feel the pain clouding my chest again. This is it then.

LYKA: I am asking you one last time sathya... have you not felt anything for me? not even for a single moment?

He shook his head. He said no. He said he didn't feel anything. He didn't have to utter those words. I could feel it.

LYKA: well.. thank you for your time then. It was genuinely nice being your friend no matter for how short time it was.

SATHYA: nugget-

I showed him my palm and signalled him to stop.

LYKA: don't call me with that name anymore. You've lost your right to do that. And mr. sathya verma. This was it between us I guess. There's no way I can be just friends with you. I am taking an exit from your life. Goodbye Thank you for being there. But please... try to never show me your face in future.

With that, the dam of my tears broke. I couldn't help but cry. But i didn't want to show him how weak I was at this moment. I just turned around ran away from there.

that's it.. this was the end.

Out of all moments I had imagined me and sathya together, this was no where in the list.

END POV

SATHYA POV:

"Goodbye Thank you for being there. But please... try to never show me your face in future."

I couldn't breathe. She was leaving. She was leaving me forever. How could I tell her that I had fallen for her too? How could I tell her that I couldn't live without her??

I know my feelings for her were too strong, But I also knew that I was too broken for her. I knew she would find better. I know nugget, you will do better than me.

SATHYA: "Goodbye nugget. I know you told me not to call you that anymore but you're the only girl who'll ever get any nickname from me. Try to find someone who can keep you happier. And please, even though you hate me, please try not to forget me."

I uttered to myself and wiped my tears which I had no idea had begun to flow.

I had lost her.

I had lost her for good.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!!

DAMN IT WAS AN EMOTIONAL ONE!!

WELL WELL AS I HAD TOLD, I MIGHT HAVE TO PAUSE LYTHYA FOR SOME TIME FOR THE PLOT I HAVE FOR THEM IN MY MIND. SOO ALL THE LYTHYA SHIPPERS OUT THERE!! I HOPE YOU'LL WAIT FOR THEM!!

ANDDDDD AS FOR YOUR SURPRISE.. I'LL RELEASE THAT SOON!

THANK YOUU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW GRATEFUL I AM!!

LOVE YA'LL!!

KEEP VOTING!!

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!