Chapter 1

She was a pet to them. She didn't matter. Her life was already over. It hadn't even begun. Her life wasn't hers. She might as well have not existed.

________________________________________________________________________________

Nova Izami. That was her old name. Her name now was just Nova, or "pet" to them. Her "father" had sold her to Lady Dimitrescu for money. Of course he did. He never cared for her. It was either get sold to Lady Dimitrescu or be some man's little "wife". Lady Dimitrescu gave her to her daughters as a pet. Bela was neutral on it, Cassandra tried to kill her seven times, and Daniela kept teasing her. Nova was quiet and stoic most of the time, having learned to turn her emotions and reactions off while living with her father. 

Nova was quite attractive, especially after looking at her father. Her skin was a flawless caramel, her eyes a gorgeous crimson, her hair a silky jet black that reached down to her shoulder blades as she kept it in a wolf cut. She was slim but not a twig, her proportions were perfect, her curves that of a Greek goddess. She wasn't short but she wasn't tall, standing at 5 feet 5 inches. She was definitely eye candy, mainly to the men of the village that were twice, or thrice, her age. She mainly wore a black hoodie, black ripped jeans, and a pair of knee-high black heels her mother had given her. Her mother had been a kitsune, her father being human. She took her mother's genes and was born a kitsune, which were worth a lot of money with how rare they were in Romania. Her ears and tail were pure white. Lady Dimitrescu made her wear a collar, which was black and had a gold tag on it with her daughters' names on the back and "Property of Dimitrescu" on the front. It also had a bell attached to it that jingled every time she moved.

She was always around one of the daughters, her "mistresses". Normally it was Bela since she was the least aggressive and was kind of friendly. When it was Cassandra, she was constantly running. When it was Daniela, she was constantly trying to hide from the teasing. She was with Bela today and they were in the dungeons, Bela doing her daily duty of watching to make sure the moroaica stayed away from the door. A few of them tried to get Nova but Bela protected her.

Bela: Stupid things.

Nova stayed quiet, staying close to Bela but keeping a good distance. Her left ear flicked when she heard a moroaica groan from somewhere. Her tail swished, staying a few inches above the ground to not get dirty.

Bela: Why don't you ever talk?

Nova had been abused by her father and had developed a fear of speaking to others in fear of getting hurt. Her ears pressed down, her tail stopped swishing. Bela noticed and looked down at her with a raised eyebrow.

Bela: What? Something bad?

Nova just nodded slightly, not looking at Bela. The bell on her collar jingled as she walked next to Bela. Bela hummed softly but didn't press on. She kept killing the moroaica that tried to reach for Nova. Both of their heels clicked against the ground, echoing throughout the dungeon as they walked. Bela kept glancing down at Nova, wondering about the quiet fox girl.

Bela: Your ears...

Nova's right ear flicked up, turning to Bela. She didn't look up at Bela.

Bela: Can I touch them?

Nova finally looked up at Bela, her crimson eyes widened slightly. No one had ever asked to touch her ears, always just doing it. She stayed quiet but nodded. Bela reached over and gently pet Nova's left ear, gently rubbing it between her index and thumb. Nova's tail flicked at the feeling.

Bela: You like that?

Nova nodded. Her tail starts wagging after a few seconds. Bela smiled slightly at the fox girl. She knew her sisters liked teasing her in their own ways, Cassandra's being more reckless and dangerous and Daniela's being flirty and seducing.

Bela: You're precious. I don't understand why Cassandra does what she does with you.

Nova looked back up at Bela. She felt the most comfortable with Bela since she never tried to do anything, she just let Nova be, and occasionally tried to get her to speak.

Bela: Mother chose a good pet for us.