Chapter 24

Back with Nova, she was walking through the halls. She was calm now and her wounds weren't bleeding anymore. She stopped when she heard that oh so familiar buzzing. She held back a yelp when she was lifted up.

Cassandra: Vulpe dulce.

Nova was set down and turned to look up at the middle daughter. Her left ear flicked and Cassandra patted her head, between her ears.

Cassandra: God, I just want to eat you up.

Cassandra leaned down to Nova's neck, smelling her. Nova instinctively pulled away, her ears twitching.

Cassandra: Sorry, vulpe dulce. You know I won't hurt you, right?

Nova nodded after a second of hesitating. Cassandra smiled and swarmed off, which let Nova sigh softly.

Nova(in her head): Sadistic but sweet. What a mix.

She began walking again for a few minutes before she ran into Alcina. Well, more like ran into her leg. She moved back and looked up at the tall vampire lady.

Alcina: Hellp, draga vulpe.

Nova's tail swished in return. Alcina reached her hand out to pat Nova's head.

Alcina: Such a sweet girl.

Alcina sighed softly.

Alcina: I'm glad I bought you. I'd rather you here than under some man thing claiming you as his wife.

Nova shuddered, her tail swishing as the shudder ran down her body. Her ears went down slightly. Men scared her. Men scared her more than the Dimitrescu family did and that alone was saying something.

Alcina was about to say something else but the sound of her double doors opening cut her off. She took one look at the door and growled. It was Karl.

Alcina: What are you doing here, you fool?

Karl: Well, nice to see you, too. I just came to check up on our little fox.

Alcina: "Our"?

Karl: Yeah. I saved her from you and your psycho bugs. I would consider her ours.

Nova stayed quiet but did go over and hug Karl. He was the only man, aside from Ethan, she wasn't entirely scared of.

Karl: Hello to you too, Nova.

Nova's ears twitched up and down in response. Karl chuckled and patted her head softly. Nova let go of Karl but her tail continued to wag happily. She stayed close to him as he and Alcina talked. She felt a fly land on her shoulder, then one of her other shoulder, then one of her nose. Her tail wagged more and she moved away from Karl and Alcina and walked down the hall, using her sense of smell to find her mistresses.

She found them in Bela's room, all three sitting on her bed. Nova quietly walked over and, when she got close enough, Cassandra lifted her onto her lap.

Cassandra: Hey, dulce vulpe.

Nova nuzzled into Cassandra, her tail wagging and her ears perked up. Daniela reached over and stroked between her ears, rubbing her left ear between her thumb and index finger gently. Bela just smiled and rubbed Nova's right ear gently.

Cassandra: We heard Uncle Heisen's here.

Nova nodded, looking up at Cassandra. The brunette smiled and kissed Nova's forehead.

Daniela: You are just the cutest little thing.

Bela: Draguta noastra vulpe.

Cassandra and Daniela both nodded, kissing Nova's temples. Nova's tail was wagging fast and her ears were down.

Cassandra: Someone likes the attention, hm?

Nova nodded, nuzzling her face into Cassandra's shoulder.

Nova(in her head): Imagine my luck. They went from wanting to kill me to wanting to love me. Seems like the starting line for a toxic relationship but oh well.

After a few minutes of Nova receiving love and praise from the three sisters, she was walking through the halls again. She stopped when she sensed something watching her. Her ears twitched and her tail swayed as she looked around, not seeing anything. She tensed when she felt someone put their hand over her mouth.

?: How ya doin'? Been a while, hasn't it, Nova?

Nova's eyes widened as she recognized the voice. She turned and looked at her sister. Her sister looked like her, just taller and not as scared. She had the same black hair, crimson eyes, and white ears and tail. Only difference was her skin was a darker shade.

Nova: Veyle...

Veyle: Hey, little sister.

Nova hugged her sister tight, her ears down. She hadn't seen Veyle in years, not since she ran away from their father's house.

Veyle: Hey, it's okay. I'm here.

Nova pulled away from Veyle and punched her shoulder, to which Veyle just chuckled and rubbed the spot Nova punched.

Nova: You bitch. You left me.

Veyle: I know, I know. I wanted to come get you but I couldn't.

Nova: Why?

Veyle: The person I was staying with is a bit of a bitch.

Nova: Oh, same.

Veyle: Really? That's why you've getting coddled?

Nova; After I ran away twice and all four of them tried killing me, yes.

Veyle: They what?

Nova; They tried killing me, like, four times.

Veyle just stared at her sister, her ears twitching up and down.

Veyle: What the fuck? Wow, you've got shitty luck.

Nova: I mean, I'm not dead so, I wouldn't say I do.

Veyle: You're crazy for coming back.

Nova: I have a thing for toxic situations, I guess.

Veyle: Apparently.

Nova: Oh, speaking of parents...

Veyle and Nova stayed quiet a moment before Veyle answered.

Veyle: I don't know. I haven't talked to him since I left.

Nova: Hm. Maybe we should go see if he is or not.

Veyle: Oh? Your oh so beloved mistresses would let you roam around without one of them present?

Nova: Hey, shut up. I ran away twice without them knowing. I can do it again.

Veyle: I've seen how they watch you. I doubt we're talking privately right now.

Veyle and Nova just stared at each other, having a silent conversation. Nova sighed and her ears twitched.

Nova: You're right. They do watch me a little too closely at times. But, I'm a fox for a reason.

Veyle: Amen. It's how I've been getting here and back to my mistress's house without her knowing.

Nova: Oh? Can I know who she is?

Veyle: You may or may not know her.

Nova stayed quiet a moment before sniffing her sister. She smelled familiar but it was too faint for her to recognize.

Nova: Don't recognize it.

Veyle: You haven't met her yet but Alcina knows her.

Nova took a second before gasping loudly and dramatically.

Nova: Bitch, we twinning on having powerful women.

Veyle: Ain't we twins?

Nova: Yeah.

Veyle: And yet I'm better.

Nova: False.

Veyle: Nah. I'm older so I'm better.

Nova: Eres una puta.

Veyle: Be nice, you fetus.