Chapter 22

Bela: Well? Are we going to get that nod, vulpe dulce?

Nova didn’t respond. She blushed and looked down, avoiding eye contact with the blonde vampire. She heard Cassandra and Daniela snicker behind her. Her tail flicked out of flustered and slight annoyance.

Daniela: I think she likes us back.

Cassandra: Look at her, sitting on Bela’s lap, blushing, being cute like that. Obviously she likes us.

Bela chuckled softly and placed a kiss on the side of Nova’s neck, rubbing up and down on her hips. She nuzzled Nova’s neck, just breathing in her scent.

Bela: Vulpe mica, do you like us?

Nova nodded, still flustered.

Bela: Good.

Bela then kissed Nova directly on her lips, brushing her tongue against her bottom lip. She pulled away and let Nova get off her lap. Cassandra then picked her up and kissed her.

Cassandra: You’re ours now, mea vulpe.

Cassandra kissed Nova again, putting her tongue in her mouth and exploring it. She pulled away and kissed both sides of Nova’s neck before setting her down. Daniela just put her arms around Nova’s waist and peppered her face in kisses. Nova hid her face in Daniela’s chest, her ears down and her tail wagging.

Daniela: Someone’s happy.

Nova looked up at Daniela and kissed her. Daniela kissed her back, being gentle unlike Cassandra. Daniela pulled away and kissed Nova’s cheeks then down her neck, her hands rubbing up and down Nova’s sides.

Nova spent that day getting death glares from the blonde maid when the sisters weren’t looking, cuddling with Bela or Daniela, getting passionately made out with by Cassandra, and getting smirks and knowing looks from Alcina.

When the day ended, Nova walked around the castle like she used to do. She walked quietly, just enjoying the silence. That was until she felt like she was being watched. She knew how the daughters watched her and what their gazes felt like, for better or worse, and it wasn’t any of them. She stopped, her tail flicking side to side, her ears perked up. She looked around, not seeing anyone.

She walked cautiously, keeping her steps quiet. Her ears stayed perked up and alert. She didn’t hear anything until the faint sound of heels tapping the floor reached her. She stopped again and looked behind her. She didn’t have time to react as the blonde maid pressed a knife against her throat.

Blonde: You really are a slut, aren’t you?

Nova(in her head): The fuck is her problem?

Nova didn’t move or back down. She just stared at the maid, her ears pressed down and her tail still. She wasn’t scared, she was used to having dangerous things against her throat.

Blonde: You freak.

The maid pushed the knife into Nova’s throat but she still didn’t back down or break. The maid seemed to falter but didn’t back off.

Blonde: You know. I could tell them that you cheated on them. That you slept with one of the other maids… or myself.

Nova(in her head): Delusional ass-

SHe was cut short when the maid rammed the blade into her abdomen. She didn’t make any noise or anything.

Blonde: Or I could just kill you now.

Nova’s legs shook when the maid pulled the knife out. She felt the blood start to pour out of her new wound and she pressed her hand against her abdomen.

Nova(in her head): Oh for fuck’s sake. Why do I always get treated like this?

Her ears stayed pressed down and her tail was still. She just glared at the maid quietly.

Blonde: Tough bitch.

She heard the familiar buzzing sound and got hopeful. The maid looked nervous for a quick second before she grabbed Nova’s wrist, slit it then put the knife in her hand and took off. Nova just stood there, her legs shaking, her wounds bleeding.

Daniela appeared with a small that quickly fell when she saw Nova.

Daniela: Nova?

Nova just looked up at her then at the knife.

Nova(in her head): Fuck.

Daniela then grabbed Nova and pressed her hand to her abdomen.

Daniela: How the hell did this happen?! Did you do this?

Nova didn’t answer, just leaned into Daniela. Daniela wasn’t angry, she was concerned.

Daniela: It’s okay. I’ll get Bela and take you to her room, okay?

Daniela picked Nova up and quickly carried her to Bela’s room. She kicked the door open, making Bela jump up.

Bela: Dani- Nova!

Bela quickly got up and took Nova and set her on her bed.

Bela: Go get mother.