Chapter 8: I Was Hoping For A Kiss Instead

POV: Olivia

"Do you want some?" Enid asked, her amber eyes glancing over at me. "Because you're looking at my ice cream like you're about to steal it and run"

That.....probably true, but internally I knew it wasn't just the ice cream.

I shook my head a few times, "No, no it's fine" I said, but Enid only held her ice cream cone to my lips, causing me to look at it, I do really want some.

"You're not going to want it after my mouth has been on it." Enid raised a brow, "technically my mouth was on it first," she said, which made my stomach jolt with tiny bolt of electricity.

"Just try it-it's really good" she said giving me a small smile.

I leaned down to her extended cone and try some, it was really good like she said.

"Try mine too," I said wiggling my brows and extending my ice cream cone to her.

She signed, leaning to try some, when I slightly push the ice cream onto her face, coating her entire mouth and nose in ice cream. A grasp escaped her mouth.

A string of laughter left my mouth as I watched her licked the excess ice cream from her lips, "I'm actually going to kill you" she said.

She wiped her hand over her face, wiping away the sticky ice cream.

"Olivia, I'm seriously about to kill you," she said, but my laugher only grew louder which made her lower her tone, "You should run."

"Run?" I laughed harder, clutching my stomach, but when she only stared at me silently, my laugher died down rather quickly, looking over at her hesitantly.

And when she pounded slightly, I jolted up from the bench as she stood up sharply and ran after me.

"Run all you want, but I will catch you." She called out as I ran even faster with my ice cream cone loose in my hand.

"You forgot I play soccer, babe!" I called out behind me, which made her even run longer strides.

I neared the ocean, which made her hesitate for a moment, but she looked determined to catch me.

As I got even closer to the larger body of water, she said, "You wouldn't dare!" I only laughed "Try me!" She took a deep breath and decided to trace me.

A sharp grasp left her lips when the ocean water splashed around her ankles-then up her legs-and even up to her chest. The water slowed me down giving her a chance to catch me.

She grabbed my shoulder with one hand, holding her ice cream away from the water.

"Aw, babe, did you come to save me from drowning?" I teased as she pulled my back into her.

She scoffed, "I'll gladly drown you myself," she said. Before I could say anything else, she pressed the ice cream into my face, holding my head in face from behind.

I stayed absolutely still for a moment, processing what she just did-and before she could process anything as well, I pressed my own ice cream back into face, earning a grasp from her.