Discussion

<Shuichi POV> (Current Deaths:2)

Responding to Miu's unique theory, Kiyo spoke up. "So in such an uncanny environment as this, common sense has no place." Next spoke Tsumugi, who made some reference I didn't quite understand once more. "Well, I mean,  there are those neuralyzer things. The flashy things from Men In Black..." Maki then spoke after Tsumugi, almost in a scolding tone of her stern voice. "Why are you talking about a movie? This is real life." Tsumugi seemed to have been successfully disciplined, as she spoke next in an apologetic voice. "Y-You're right... Sorry." Next spoke up Kokichi, who almost effortlessly hid his true identity as a vampire with his 'human persona'.

"I...don't think we should do it... I'm scared it might cause some weird side effects..." Then spoke up Himiko, also complaining about what the Flashback light could do. "Nyeeeh... I'm worried how it will affect my magic." Kirumi spoke calmly next. "...Has everyone spoken? If we're in accord, I will consent as well. What about you, Shuichi? You have not said anything yet." I was a tad caught off guard as Kirumi addressed me suddenly. "What? Ah, I-" Before I could finish my sentence, Kaito cut me off, deciding himself for everyone despite the protest of some of the others. "Alright! Then it's decided! Let's use it!"

Confused, Tsumugi pointed out that the group had not agreed on that choice. "Huh? Who decided that? We we're all saying how dangerous it sounds..." Kaito responded, seeming to be slightly disappointed as he spoke. "Geez, you guys are way too cautious. I mean, I understand why. We're in such a weird situation, after all. But...we can't win by just running away all the time!" It took me a moment to make the realization that Kaito was trying to be motivational, like Kaede used to be. "If you want to win, you've gotta be a little reckless sometimes. If we can't face this danger, there's no way we'll be able to defeat Monokuma."

Chuckling creepily, Korekiyo replied with solid reasoning. "Kehehe... Well, aren't you confident? But you've no idea how we're supposed to win, do you?" Kaito responded honestly to the true claim. "Yeah, I've got no clue. But still... If you wanna win, you gotta make a stand somewhere or you'll never move forward. If we run away, our kids will grow up to be the kinda people who run away from things like this!" Maki, in response to Kaito's oddly motivational speech, spoke with an audible confused tone toward him. "...Huh? What are you talking about?" Kaito then gave his peers the chance to not participate. "if you still wanna run away, then go ahead. I won't stop or blame you."

Kokichi, immediately taking advantage of the option to escape, spoke. "Okaaay, fine. Then, let's go- ...Huh? What's wrong, everyone? Aren't we going?" Tenko spoke in response, sounding a tad unsure of herself. "I'm...staying. After hearing that degenerate's speech, running away would just frustrate me!" Agreeing, Gonta replied as well, with a newfound motivation. "Gonta also stay... Is what true gentleman would prolly do." Complying with the previous statements also voiced Keebo. "I also agree with Kaito. Our defeat is 100% assured unless we stand up to this. That's... how I feel, deep inside. Just a whisper-" Before the robot could finish talking, he was cut off.

Kokichi was quick to interrupt Keebo by making an entirely different point not about the current topic of discussion. "You hear it in your ghost? I'm pretty sure robots don't have ghost, though." Keebo responded, somehow sounding somewhat offended, despite literally being a robot made of metal, wires and other such robotic parts. "...Leave me alone." Kiyo spoke up as well, also motivated by Kaito's brave speech. "I shall stay as well. I suspect I will be able to observe something most interesting..." Miu spoke up after, in some odd attempt to assure her safety if we do this. "If anything happens to me, y'all better beg my fans, the world, and humanity for forgiveness!"

Pointing me out of the crowd, Kaito spoke directly to me, as if I had the final say on this choice for everyone trapped in this killing game. "So what are you gonna do, Shuichi?" Nervously, I replied, just going with everyone else's majority vote to stay safe. "I-I... I'll stay behind too." Seeming pleased, Kaito said a single word in response. "Alright!" Forcing himself into the conversation once again, entirely changing his views prior, Kokichi spoke again excitedly, now consistent with the others decision. "I'll stay, too! So what if it might cause some weird side effects? That's no big deal!" Finally spoke Kirumi, also going with the majority pick.

"It seems everyone agrees with Kaito. Very well, I shall follow suit." After spoke Ryoma, who was so short that I almost forgot he was even here. "Hmph, now it's decided. Hurry up and do it." Overflowing with excitement, Angie then announced her own action. "Then I'm gonna turn it on!" Tsumugi spoke next, confirming her consent. "Yeah...please." Angie childishly spoke a single word as she activated the device. "Click!" At the moment that Angie flicked on the light... The world... Warped... Before I had a chance to comprehend what was happening, my eyes were assaulted with lights and pictures that remained only for a flash.

Practically horrified, I spoke up, with my new memories that I had previously no idea at all existed. "I...remember... I remember now!" I was... running away. I had been running this entire time... From...the Ultimate Hunt. Those of us with Ultimate talents were hunted down. I wasn't safe anywhere... Eventually... I had no place else to run. I was cornered, and to escape from the Ultimate Hunt... I threw away my Ultimate talent to live as a normal high school student. By erasing my talent and my memories, I no longer had any reason to be hunted. If I didn't do what I did, I would have been captured, a fate worse than death. And so... I chose. I chose to gamble on a new technology developed in a particular facility.

(A/N: sorry for all the "..." I'm basically just copying text from the game ૮(˶╥︿╥)ა)