〉Cookies, Cures, & Curses

Needless to say, I have taken a liking in hijacking these snippets afforded to me

Needless to say, I have taken a liking in hijacking these snippets afforded to me. My work buddy told me to stop talking like the main character, but I find this to be good fun. I am a creative, you see, but I am also the Seer. My duty lies in telling the story of two souls across various universes to the best of my ability.

My higher-ups must have hated me or this job entirely, but the task includes following two souls through worlds and watching over them. I cannot interfere, and that is tougher work than traveling. I ought to include that in the footnotes of my next report, but the Heads might chew me to hell and back if I do.

As it was, here is the next compilation of my notes from the field. This universe is wild, to say the least. Dark magic, curses, and food from grimoires. What can go wrong?

˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•

This is an entry for Aim to Engage 2023, hosted by the Ambassadors profile. This is a contest that runs from November to December, where a flash fiction or a short story must be produced according to a set of prompts. As such, this story is based on the following prompts:

14 - An ordinary kitchen maid discovers she is the reincarnation of a legendary sorceress, and as dark forces converge on her, she must embrace her true identity to save her realm.

22 - Cooking has never been your cup of tea as you ruin it every time you make something, but one day you find a cooking spell which changes everything about your life and you.

4 - In a world with scarce magic, a blacksmith unearths an ancient amulet that grants them magical abilities at the cost of their own life force. As they wield this risky power, they must find a way to break the curse before it consumes them entirely.