〉The Shepherd & The Silk Maiden

There was a book that I found in one of the universes I visited

There was a book that I found in one of the universes I visited. It is a vision of mine to imitate the stories I found in it. So, when I visited this current universe as the Seer, I cannot have become more enamored by my task.

I have followed two souls across different universes according to my duty. Telling their stories to the best of my ability is part of the job. Will I interfere? I cannot. That is more in the higher-ups' department. I prefer where I am now, and they are not looking for interns at this moment in time.

So, this is the report on my next destination. Dara and Page have gotten themselves mixed up with myths and the unknown. I would have worded it better, but there is a rare coffee strain in the pantry. I must get there before my work buddy smooths it all up.

˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•˜"°•.˜"°•

This is an entry for Aim to Engage 2023, hosted by the Ambassadors profile. This is a contest that runs from November to December, where a flash fiction or a short story must be produced according to a set of prompts. As such, this story is based on the following prompt:

23 - A deep voice sings each night, a haunting song unlike any you've heard at the recording studio where you work. Each night you listen and fall in love, until one moonless night you seek its origin, finding someone unexpected.