1.4

The life that you've had with Kael was joyous and filled with laughter; you recalled waking up to an aroma of good food, and like a curious rat enticed by the seductive song of the pied piper, you wandered into the kitchen, driven by the alluring scents of delicacies and culinary delights. Turned out, it was your male escort, happily humming a tune as he made a preparation for breakfast while wearing a frilly pink apron.

The handsome man noticed your dazed look, and with a warm smile, he went ahead and placed his cheek against yours, as if giving you a quick peck, but using his cheek instead of lips.

"Good morning, sweetheart, I made you pancakes topped with butter and syrup."

"Kael, youー" you looked at him ruefully. "ーyou really don't have to. I already have my own breakfast."

"... What?"

"According to my eating schedule, my breakfast will be Avocado Toast for today," you sighed. "I'm sorry, Kael, but I can't eat what you made."

He glanced at the pancakes piling up on the two plates before giving you a miserable look. "Even though I woke up so early to make you this?" 

You remained silent, though that silence was enough to answer his question.

He wiped his nonexistent tears pretentiously. "We're newlyweds and you've already done this to me. Next, what are you going to do? Leaving me in the house alone while going on a business trip? Bringing back a gigolo to remind me of my place which is at your feet?"

You stared at him incredulously. Aren't you that gigolo?

"That's okay. I was the one to blame. I have already prepared to receive this type of treatment when I married into your household so I can only accept it." He turned away from you, the quivering of his shoulders gave you an illusion that he was weeping.

You were amused, "Fine. I will eat your cooking."

As soon as those words were uttered, his pitiful act was thrown out of the window and he put the plates of pancakes on top of the dining table, though miserably, due to the huge amount of pancakes he made, you weren't able to finish it so using your status as a client, you made him eat all of the leftovers he made which were a lot.

He lay weakly on the chair, his stomach bulging. "I feel sick."

You didn't say anything, only thinking that he silently deserved it as you rubbed his stomach gently with an ointment.

Although one can't really say that this story was a joyous one that is filled with laughter, it at least made you chuckle whenever you think about it.

"Sweetheart, hug me."

The whining of that pretty man snapped you out of your thoughts and you complied, bringing him into your embrace.

"Just asking, but why have you become more clingy than usual? Is your heat approaching perhaps?" You asked while rubbing his back, feeling more relaxed compared to when you first met him.

He whined, as if telling you "that's not it," yet he didn't say more. As a male escort, how can he freely confess that it's because his client doesn't feed him enough with affection and love? As you have said before, it was you who bought his service, not he who bought your service.

If the higher-ups at ROMANCE knew that he was making his client do all things for him, they would probably summon him back, give him a scolding of a century, and return your money as compensation.

He whimpered and snuggled closer, hoping for closer physical contact in order to satisfy the hunger in his stomach.

You frowned, touching his skin to check his temperature, trying to figure out if he was sick or something until you saw the red mark wrapped around his neck. It was faint but if looked closely, the red mark strangely looked like bruises from strangulation.

"What happened?" You pulled him away to take a closer look, finding that the reason you weren't able to see this bruise sooner was because it was hidden under the foundation and powder that Kael put on. "Why did you hide such a thing? No, how did you have it in the first place?"

He was taken aback by the look of concern on your face but can't help but feel happy. "I wasー"

"ーdon't forget to cover the marks on your body with makeup. We don't want her to feel turned off by that."

In that instant, his words stuck inside his throat, unable to tell you the truth, because what if, once he revealed everything, you would look at him with disgust? What if you would leave? What if you considered him dirty enough that you would take him back to ROMANCE for a refund?

That's probably the best choice considering how starving he was by your side.

ーno.

He still hasn't painted you with his color yet nor has he gotten his kisses.

"I used to wear a choker and this is the result," he smiled sheepishly, careful not to show the bruises inside his clothes. "I hid it because I thought it wouldn't look appealing in your eyes."

"Why would you think that?" You looked at him incredulously.

"Well, some people don't like their goods broken so naturally Iー"

"You're not a property." You raised your tone slightly, furrowing your eyebrows. "I don't know what you think of me, Kael, but when I rented your service, I never thought of you as an accessory. I think of you as a companion to fill my void so why would you compare yourself to a merchandise?"

He remained silent, seemingly out of words by your question. You sighed and got up, to which he grabbed your hand by surprise, as if afraid that you would leave him.

"I'm just going to get you some ointments so be good." You explained upon seeing his expression.

He reluctantly let go.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

||KAEL'S LOVE STATUS||

‪‪❤︎‬♡̵͓̯͙͇̋͗̒͆̃̓͆̑♡♡♡