1.8

"Sweetheart," Kael smiled helplessly, cupping your cheeks so you would look at him directly. "I... don't really understand why you would apologize to someone like me but sweetheart, what's wrong with being selfish? Maybe others don't like your selfishness but (Y/n), you bought me, you wasted hundreds on me so naturally you can be as selfish as you want and I would never dislike it."

He chuckled at the sight of tears pooling in your eyes yet you dared not blink for fear of ruining your eyeliner.

"Besides, you took care of me more than I took care of you. Moreover, I don't even need a kiss on the lips, as long as you like me, even if that like is akin to liking a pet, I would never get hungry, and that's good enough."

"Buー But don't you, uh, have a personal predilection to engage in masochistic practices?" You tried to be as polite as possible.

His stomach suddenly churned. Kael doesn't know why but he quite dislikes the fact that you know his strange preferences.

He pretentiously pouted, trying to gain your pity. "So? Do you hate me now that you know it?"

"I... don't understand why would you like that sort of thing but that doesn't mean I hate you." You answered honestly. "I'm just upset that I couldn't bring myself to cater to your needs."

"That. That's what I don't understand about you, (Y/n), why would you want to cater to my needs instead of the other way around?"

"Iー I don't know. Isn't that common sense? You remain by my side despite there's nothing for you to do at home so I wish to repay you for that."

He smiled helplessly. "Why would you want to repay me with anything? You gave me plenty already. You gave me money, let me stay in your house, paid my living expenses, and pampered me no matter how unreasonable I get. I should be the one that paid for your services instead."

"That's because none of that belongs to me." You shamefully admitted the truth. "The house, the money, the car. Everything. None of those material things belong to me. I didn't earn those by myself."

The male escort admitted that he never saw you go out to work during his stay with you and your words made him deduce that you probably received all the money from your parents and felt embarrassed by it due to your age, but then again, does it really matter? He's an Amorii and material things don't mean much to him, only love and affection, and he's rich enough to live lavishly for a hundred years so you don't need to feel embarrassed by that.

ーbesides, if your parents decided not to support you anymore, Kael would be more than happy to take you in.

He froze, surprising even himself by the sudden thought.

"Well, just because you didn't earn those things yourself doesn't make them any less yours. They gave it to you, no take-backsies."

You smiled at his words, feeling slightly better.

"Then Kael, I assume that the rumor that you like, uh, pain is true? May I know why?"

"That's a hard question. Even I don't know the specific reason as to why I would like it," he tried to think back to the first time he felt alive when someone inflicted pain on him. "You know how us, Amorii, feed on love and affection, right? As for me, I was abandoned and somehow managed to survive. There's no one around to teach me so I don't even know what an Amorii is. All I know is that no matter how much food I stole, how much I stuffed myself with anything edible from the trashcan, my hunger was never sated. It doesn't help that I lived in a slum where people would put their lives on the line for even a piece of bread so naturally, they would often beat me up so that they could snatch away my food."

"It was so painful and I was also frustrated by how hungry I am. Fortunately, there was this girl who viewed me as a person who was worth at least something so she tried to befriend me. At first, she probably just wanted to use me because she knew I hid a lot of food but gradually, it turned into affection. It was at that moment I realized, staying by her side doesn't make me hungry anymore."

He then heaved a sigh.

"Unfortunately, there's already a boy who had a crush on her and because I was too scrawny back then, it was natural for her to side with someone who looked like they could protect her better, so she didn't hesitate to betray me and beat me too. At that time, even though it hurt, her kick was full of reluctance, guilt, and affection for me and I guess, that's how I started to become this distorted."

He then looked at your reaction and chuckled. "Sorry, was that too heavy for you?"

"Iー" you were speechless. "How did you become an escort? What happened to them?"

"An adult from the slum saw my irregular eye color. He instantly knew what I was so he kidnapped me alongside the children who bullied me. He sold us to a trafficker and we were auctioned. I was then bought by the founder of ROMANCE and that's how I became an escort," he gently rubbed the wrinkles between your eyebrows, trying to soothe your complicated mood. "As for that girl and the other children, who know what happened to them. They were bought separately from me."

At this moment, you felt guilty for prying further, scared that it would bring back bad memories for Kael and cause trauma for him, yet despite your worry, his face remained cheery, as if the story that he told wasn't his.

The Amorii chuckled and lit small kisses across your face; much like how you once did to him. His soft lips pressing against your skin cause blood to rush to your head, and you glance around anxiously to see thatーthank godーeveryone is minding their business. You inwardly sighed in relief.

"Now let us have a drink before the ice melts," he turned around to pick up the liquid refreshments.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

||KAEL'S LOVE STATUS||

🩷🩷♡♡♡