1.12

After calming yourself down in the bathroom by washing off your face to cool your head down, you stared at your reflection in the mirror; bare face devoid of any makeup now. Although you do feel sorry for ruining your escort's hard work in making yourself look pretty, you don't think you can face him properly if you didn't do this, so sacrificing the chemicals on your face is a must, but now that you looked at yourself, you realized now how swollen your lips are.

Blood rushed to your face at the sight and you sighed, knowing there's nothing you can do to cover thatーyou don't even have a mask to put on.

Your mind then reflexively went back to that kiss and you groaned in embarrassment, squatting down on the restroom's floor. Thank goodness there was no one around wanting to use the toilet at this moment, lest they would have witnessed you in this shameful state.

Your mind reeled, cheeks warm with embarrassment. You could still feel the lingering effects of his kiss, the sweet taste of his lips, and the heat of his breath sending shivers down the back of your neck. You don't know why, but despite that wasn't your first kiss, your experience with your escort is better than your first. Is it because Kael's a good kisser?

You hummed, mind went back to the last words that person left you.

You smiled softly. "That person was right."

"Let's separate. I don't think it's right for you to keep clinging on to me. Just like I have my own life, you also have yours. I want you to go out there and explore what the world can offer, find relationships that you can truly cherish, and create memories that you can look back fondly. It doesn't have to be just you and me. One day, I'm sure you will find something or someone that will fill the void in your heart."

"I found that something," you admitted

After you left that person, you once tried to mingle with others, making a few friendships here and there, however, the thought of replacing that person with other people makes you feel sick, and you instantly know right away that someone like you can never build a relationship properly, that's why after years of isolation, you finally decided to turn to escorts.

Renting the service of an escort is nice. Not only did you get to experience a new thing with new people, but your body also didn't reject the intimacy. You guessed because your mind subconsciously knew that it was only temporary so in a way, it's not like you were replacing that person.

"Gotta give Kael a good review on that website," you muttered in satisfaction, getting up. "I wonder if the next escort would be as good as him?"

You then went outside, waiting for the Amorii you rented.

After a few minutes, the man you were waiting for finally came while holding something in his hands. You recognized it to be a bouquet of roses. He then handed it to you, smiling brightly.

You gratefully took it. "Where did you get this?"

"An acquaintance of mine came by, so I told him to buy this on the way." He then went to your back. "I also asked him to pick this up at the store for you."

Without further explanation, Kael put on the gold necklace around your neck. You gasped in surprise.

"Whー Why are you gifting me this?" You tried to take it off but the man quickly held your hands back.

"I thought of you when I saw this necklace online a few days ago so I quickly booked it."

He then leaned down to kiss the side of your neck, as if praising how beautiful it is.

"No, this must have cost a lot, you shouldー"

"Just indulge me will you, sweetheart?" He wrapped his arms around your waist. "You have given me a lot so let me repay you with this at least."

"But something like this surely cost more than how much I rented you." You tried to reason.

"So what? I have money," he snuggled closer, swinging the two of you left and right. "If not on you, then who else should I spend it on?"

"Iー I don't know," you wanted to say parents but then you remembered his backstory. "Your future lover?"

"Sweetheart," he pursed his lips, almost pouting. "What nonsense are you spouting? You are my lover. Are you abandoning me now that you've gotten the taste of my lips? You're going to ditch me now that you've taken my innocence?"

You were speechless by his shamelessness though you didn't comment anything regarding his declaration that you are his lover, assuming that Kael wanted to continue the role that he was supposed to play when you rented him.

Still, you can't help but laugh, amused by the way he's acting like a maiden.

"What innocence? Wasn't it you who was so eager to kiss me that we ended up stumbling down?" You glanced at the gold necklace on your neck with a gentle gaze, deciding that you were going to play along and give this back once his service was over. "If anything, I'm the one that should complain."

"But you didn't dislike it right?"

Though you can't see his face because he's standing right behind you, you can hear how cheeky his question is just from his tone so you chose not to answer, not wanting to feed his ego any further.

You then yawned, feeling sleepy.

"Let's go home, Kael." You told him, realizing that it was already past your bedtime.

He hummed in agreement and led you outside. On the way, had you paid closer attention, you would have noticed the peculiar group that wore all white while hiding their faces behind their masks as they walked into the building with their cleaning equipment. Had you done so, you would have jokingly told your escort that they looked like a "forensic cleaner," and the man would have responded with a suspicious smile.

Though it wouldn't do much, at least your instinct would have told you that something was wrong, and you could have ended this before his affection for you got worse.

Too bad that luck wasn't on your side.