1.16

(Slight) NSFW: i didn't censor it because it's not that explicit (or is it?)

He was now on top of you.

Your heart trembled in fear at the situation you were in, but somewhere inside you, you believed that Kael would never harm you, not when he once told you that he would wait for you and respect your decision.

ーbut still, why was your instinct warning you that this man was dangerous?

Your mind subconsciously remembered the words he once told you and the expression he wore when he did so.

"I would love to go on that stage but I know how difficult it must be for you and I'd respect it if you don't want me to so I'm pretty content with being able to kiss you only."

Yes. That couldn't be a lie. Although the time you have spent with your escort is less than a month, you just know that those words, the expression he made when he told you that, were sincere.

So, if there's something to blame here, then it has to be his heat. You're one hundred percent sure that his heat was the cause of his sudden change in behavior, and the cause of the warning your instinct gave you.

"Kael, this is not like you," you tried to reason. "You wouldn't do something like this."

He laughed, eyes glowing in excitement. "Right, I wouldn't. I would never force myself on you, and I'm happy that you know it too. Does that mean you trust me, sweetheart?"

"I do trust you." You answered. "But if you keep doing this to me then I'm afraid I can't maintain the trust I have in you."

His smile then turned slightly melancholy at your answer, leaning his forehead against your shoulder. "But sweetheart, I'm so so hungry, my body is in pain, it feels like I was being boiled alive, and I have this urge to touch you, kiss you, and do more with you."

You didn't reply, mainly because you didn't know what to say.

"Sweetheart, why don't you like me?"

Your eyes widened in epiphany. His words made you realize that he has always been hungry with you, and he concluded that it's because you don't like him.

"When we kissed," you hesitated. "Was it not enough? Did I not feed you?"

"Just a little," he answered. "Your affection for me is enough for a bite but not enough to make me feel full."

He then pulled away, showing his pouty lips and dissatisfied expression, as if resentful that you were starving him.

You smiled helplessly, "But Kael, I do like you."

"Lies."

"No. I really do."

"Lies."

Knowing that he won't believe you no matter what, you cupped his cheeks to make him look into your determinant eyes. The lack of sunlight in this cold season caused his face to look paler, intensifying the redness on his skin.

"I'm serious. I won't kiss someone I don't like."

"You won't fool me. If you were speaking the truth then why am I still hungry?" Even though he felt resentful, he still can't help but lean into your touch greedily.

Your heart clenched in rue at the thought that you have been starving this man all this time.

So no matter what I did, it's not enough?

"Sorry. Sorry, Kael."

The man frowned at your apology, staring into your rueful eyes. Kael knew if he made use of that guilt, then there was a high chance that he would be able to conquer you tonight, to possess every inch of you and make you his, but then what's the point?