Chapter Four: The Keyword

Warnings- slow burn, cussing, cliffhanger

"Come in, please," Miguel said as he held open the door for me. "Thanks," I said shyly.

I walk, and I observe. He changed the interior. It doesn't look the same as I remember it. Miguel must have read my mind as he spoke. "Do you like it?" He asked behind me, and I felt goosebumps all over my skin.

"Uh yeah." I nodded. "Here, take a seat. I'm going to change quickly." He pulled out a chair for me around his small dining table.

"Thanks." I squeak as I sit down with my cereal in my hands.

He goes to his room to change, but when he swings the door behind him, it doesn't close. I find myself staring and drooling like a creep.

My mouth felt open when the towel dropped on the floor.

Finally.

I lean in my chair, trying to get a better view.

And bingo was his name-O.

A view of his plump ass in 4K. My voice shrieked, not only because his ass looks scrumptious but because I had leaned back way too much. I fucking fell backward.

And to add the cherry on top... my cereal spilled all over my fucking face.

No! Not the cocoa puffs!

I get up to my feet, and I wipe the chocolatey cereal from my eyes. "Que paso? Are you okay?" Miguel rushed beside me. "No! I'm not alright. I lost my cereal!" I mourn.

"Y/N, it's just cereal." He said, puzzled, and I scoffed. "It isn't just cereal, Miguel. It's the best cereal, and that was the last of it!" I scowled.

"Well, you should have been more careful staring at me." He deadpanned.

I froze, and I looked up frantically, my voice shrieking inaudible noises. "I-I I-I wasn't- staring." I stuttered.

"Relax, mariposa, I was only kidding. I know you're just clumsy." He chuckled.

I frowned deeply. "I'm not clumsy."

He laughed, showing off his perfect white teeth. "Okay."

"I have Trix." He offers, and I make a face of disgust. Silly Rabbit Trix is for kids.

"No thanks." I shake my head. "C'mon, just have a bowl with me. Trix is Gaby's favorite." He smiled. He walked over and poured two bowls—one for me and one for him.

"Gaby comes here?" I quipped. The back of his head nodded. "Yeah, she does, on the weekends." He smiled slightly. I looked down timidly, not sure what to say.

"Her mom and I split. We're not on perfect terms right now. We're in the middle of custody. I want to see her more but her more than just the weekends, but her mom is fighting me on it." He elaborated.

"Oh... can I ask what happened between you?" I asked, taking my bowl. We got to sit at the table. He began to get nervous and rubbed the back of his head with one hand. "Irreconcilable differences." He said shortly.

What does that mean?

"Oh, I see." I didn't see, but still, it was the only thing I could think of to say.

"Let's not talk about me, mariposa. What about you? How long are you staying for ?" He said, swallowing a spoonful of cereal.

I take a bite as well as I answer. "The whole summer."

"You don't look too happy." He chuckled. That's because I'm not.

"No, I just wanted one last fun summer before leaving for college." I shrugged.