Chapter Twenty-One: The Truth

Warnings- flashback, short chapter, PLOT TWIST, Cliffhanger. angsty

I wasn't going to update but I couldn't stop thinking about certain scenes. So you're welcome.

OKAY SO THIS CHAPTER WILL HAVE A PLOT TWIST. SO GET READY TO DROP YOUR JAW TO THE FLOOR.

I REGRET NOTHING....

BUT ENJOY! :)

Flashback 13 years ago

I softly open my door and I hear Mom and Dad arguing. "Are these yours?" Mom demands.

I've never heard her so angry before. Dad took a moment of silence before he answered. "Yes."

"How could you do this to me? To our daughter!"

"Please let me just explain-

"Explain what! You cheated on me!" her anger echoed through the roof. "I found some woman's panties on the inside of your back pocket of your pants! What is there to explain?"

"Please, let's just calm down. I understand you're angry, but you're going to wake Y/N up."

"Let's just talk about this, please."

"I want you to leave."

"Baby please, you can't just throw away ten years."

"I didn't you did."

"Please-

"Leave now!" I walk to the rail and I crouch down, hands wrapped around the bars, face planted.

Dad senses my appearance and he glances up the stairs. He catches me and he gives me a sad smile And he mouths the word sorry. And just like that he walked out and never returned.

Mom sighs, tears falling she walks the steps and finds me halfway. "Sol, what are you doing awake?"

"Is Dad coming back?"

"I don't think so honey but I promise you'll still see him okay." Something deep sunk inside me. It was sadness. Sad, that my dad wasn't going to live here anymore.

Sad, that he broke this family apart.

"Okay."

SEVEN YEARS LATER

"Sol, did something happen?" I knew this wasn't going to be easy but I can't do it anymore.

"No, I just don't want to go anymore." I shrugged.

She lowers the magazine I'm holding, forcing me to look at her. "Why?"

Cause I'm mad at him. I don't want to forgive him for cheating on you.

"I just don't want to spend summers apart from you anymore."

"Sol, he's your father. You can't just make a decision not to see him anymore without reason."

"Why not?"

She sighs. "Because it's not fair to him."

"Well was it fair that he cheated on you?"

Her lips part. "You told me you didn't hear."

"Well, I lied. I heard everything and I've been carrying this for seven years. Now that I'm older I don't like that he did that. Because of him, we're not a family anymore!"