Chapter Twenty: The It's Not What It Looks Like

Warnings- SLIGHT CUSSING, SUSPENSION, SHORT CHAPTER, CLIFFHANGER IN THE END. (ARE YOU EVEN SUPRISE AT THIS POINT?)

Since it's my birthday. I'm feeling generous, so here's a gift to all of you from me :)

XO, Alexa

P.S. I probably won't update anytime soon after this chapter. If I do, it'll be for my other stories on here.

My heart stops beating. And, holy fuck, I think I'm going into cardiac arrest. Someone caught us. We're busted. Our secret is out now. I just can only pray that the person behind us is not Dad.

Please, don't let it be Dad. I'm begging you.

The gasp was so unexpected, it's hard to identify if it's a male or female voice.

Please, let it be Gaby. It'll be easier to explain. She can be bribed with cookies.

Miguel freezes too. Not having an option, we look into each other's eyes as if it's the last time.

Goodbye Miguel.

We slowly turn and meet the person whose eyes are wide open and their mouth is on the floor.

I word vomit. "It's not what it looks like." I blurted out. Like if that's going to help. It was pretty obvious what it looked like.

The person wasn't dumb.

Antonia takes a deep breath. "I-I- she stammers. It's the first time I've seen her speechless.

"Antonia- Miguel steps forward but she takes a step back.

"How could you do this to your best friend." She spits out. "Kissing her daughter?" She glares.

"Antonia let me explain- he tries again but she shakes her head no.

"Explain what? It's very clear what's going on here. Are you sleeping with her too?" She looks at me. "Is he sleeping with you?"

"I-

"Oh my god." She begins to freak out.

I turn to Miguel. "Miguel let me talk to her."

His eyes narrow. "What? No."

"Miguel," I say, persistently. "Please," I whisper.

Antonia witnesses our interaction and she's not very fond of it. Miguel eventually nods and he passes by her.

"I know he told you. Just know I wouldn't hurt her Y/N that way." It was discreet, yet I heard him. I wasn't sure what he meant.

What does it mean? No clue.

Antonia doesn't say anything. She waits until he leaves and it's just the two of us. "Antonia, first I want to apologize-

"Y/N, did he force you?"

What?

"No of course not. It was consensual. It is consensual." I am stern. "I love him. I know it's crazy but-

"That's 'cause it is crazy!" She laughs unbelievably. "Sweetie, he is double your age, and not to mention he is your Godfather!"