Chapter Twenty-Four: The: You Deserve To Be Happy

Warnings- short chapter, angsty, sad scene, cliffhanger.

Okay, I may have cried... but proceed.

Wow, Alexa two new chapters? Yup, I guess you guys deserve it 🌚🖤

MIGUEL'S POV

My best friend who just found out that I have been sleeping with his daughter, gives me the death stare. Fuck, this was all fucked up. I never wanted to hurt him this way. Let alone have him find out the way that he did. But I'm fucking in love with Y/N. I couldn't stop myself. I can't shake the feeling that she is meant to be with me.

Maybe that's why I crossed paths with my best friend because he would give me my soul mate.

Mi mariposa. (My butterfly.)

But little did I know that I was about to lose her.

"She doesn't know what kind of piece of shit you are does she?" He has every right to be mad, and he's smiling like a devil right now but fuck... why now? When he could have told her sooner.

He was getting revenge on me and man is he going to get it.

Y/N's eyebrow arches, confusedly she asks. "What are you talking about ?"

My no longer best friend chuckles harder this time. As for I gulp and my eyes widen.

Oh no.

I step forward, hoping I can talk some sense to him. "I understand you're pissed and you have a right to be. But please don't. I know we both hurt you in the worst possible way... but if you tell her the truth. You'll only be hurting her. And I know deep down no matter how angry you are that's not what you want."

Please

Y/N panics, her eyes saying. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Last thing I want to do is hurt my daughter... but if I need to protect her from you. Then so be it. I need her to stay away from you. And this will make her." He looks at her, I try to speak but I'm frozen. So I hope for the best.

"Y/N." Her teeth clatter yet she's all ears for what her father has to say.

"I made a mistake thirteen years ago."

"I made a huge mistake that cost my family. I made the worst mistake of covering for someone who I thought was my brother."

"W-What?" She trembles. "Y/N, I never cheated on your Mother."

He points at me and he begins to say the cold truth. "The pants your Mother found that night belonged to this fucking bastard. I borrowed them when mine got ruined when I helped him change his car oil. He was having an affair with his assistant. I had no idea they were in there. I said they were mine... because he and Xina were going through a fresh miscarriage. She struggled for years to get pregnant before Gaby. And I didn't want her to go through more pain she was already suffering. I also did it for this fuck head because I thought I needed to protect him. Because that's how great of a fucking friend I was. But now if you ask me, I was so fucking stupid to do it. If I knew it would rip me apart from you. I would have never lied."

I flinch as I'm forced to relive the horrible memory. Yes, I made a mistake. I'm not perfect and I never claim to be.

But thirteen years ago when Xina and I first started dating we went through a rough patch. I didn't want to commit but she insisted that she would wait for me as long as it would take.

I never wanted to get married or have kids. But she didn't listen. She was on dead set on me marrying her and she did whatever she could do to make that possible and she did.