𝟎𝟏𝟕

❛𝟎𝟏𝟕❜

❛𝟎𝟏𝟕❜

❝𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❞

They were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke and Juliet, so of course everybody treated them as if they'd won some reality-TV contest

According to camp tradition, they wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in their honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where they got to burn the burial shrouds theirr cabins had made for them in theirr absence.

Annabeth's shroud was a gray silk with embroidered owls. Juliet's was gold, pure gold that shone bright whenever the sun hit it, with lyres and hyacinths made on it.

Being the son of Poseidon, Percy didn't have any cabin mates, so the Ares cabin had volunteered to make his shroud. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle. Juliet had laughed for five minutes straight when it had been brought out only calming down when Percy slammed his hand on her mouth with an irritated glare. 

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, Percy had approached Juliet asking her to sing, but she had simply declined, she didn't think she'd be doing singing any time soon. Maybe it was better to change careers paths at this point.

They all sat by the bonfire admiring the brand-new searcher's license Grover had received from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

The only ones not in a party mood were Clarisse and her cabinmates, whose poisonous looks told Juliet they'd never forgive Percy for disgracing their dad. That was okay with them.

Even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't enough to dampen Percy's spirits, he could hear Juliet coughing to hide her laugh. "Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday. . . .