𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Luke felt nervous about his first day as a sword-fighting instructor.

As anxiety gripped him, he found himself in the armory scouring for swords that offered the ideal balance for the newcomers flooding into camp, a common occurrence. Cabin 11 was bustling with activity, particularly since it housed all the campers who had recently arrived and were yet to be claimed by their divine parent. Some never discovered their divine heritage and stayed in the Hermes cabin for the duration of their time at Camp Half-Blood.

Luke pondered his ability to effectively articulate techniques and showcase combat maneuvers to his fellow campers in his cabin. He had undoubtedly honed his skills over the past few months at camp, and the challenges of the winter quest had pushed him to his limits on numerous occasions.

Yet, he couldn't shake the weight of responsibility off his shoulders. When Brad mentioned that as the new counselor, Luke should take charge of training the other campers in their cabin, a mix of pride and anxiety washed over him. Fighting came naturally, but teaching was a different story altogether. Luke hoped he could rise to the occasion and meet the expectations set before him.

While mulling over these thoughts, he carefully chose a sword he deemed suitable for the older of the Stoll twins. It seemed ironic, considering the Stolls weren't actually twins. Nonetheless, their similarities were so striking that everyone in Cabin 11 had agreed to treat them as such.

With all the weapons selected for the new campers, Luke departed from the armory and made his way to the sword-fighting arena. The nearly noonday sun kissed his face as he strolled across the grounds. It was a delightful summer morning, with the sun shining brilliantly, just like every day at Camp Half-Blood, thanks to the magical barriers that ensured pleasant weather year-round in that corner of Long Island.

Despite the amazing weather, his day was about to get ruined.

As Luke reached the sword-fighting arena and paused before entering, he immediately sensed trouble. When he had left to retrieve the additional weapons, there were roughly two dozen campers from his cabin present. However, upon his return, he noticed another dozen or so figures scattered about.

Initially, he mistook them for the practice dummies typically stationed in the arena. But upon closer inspection, he realized these figures were moving.

And they were all wearing orange shirts.

It was clear that these were other demigods.

His brow furrowed in confusion as he considered the possibility that so many campers had joined the cabin after breakfast without anyone informing him. Being his first day as a counselor, he was unsure about the protocol for notifying him of new arrivals.

However, his confusion swiftly dissipated as he realized that these figures weren't new campers at all.

A figure clad in a short, military-style, cargo green jumpsuit emerged from the arena, striding purposefully toward Luke. Her blonde braid swayed gracefully as she approached, and Luke could sense Keira Blackwell's fury before he even saw the expression on her face.

As Keira advanced, Luke bit his lip slightly, suppressing a sigh. His eyes involuntarily roamed over her form, forbidden thoughts invading his mind despite the gravity of the situation.

Her toned and bronzed legs were provocatively on display, accentuated by the cargo outfit in a way that bordered on sinful. Each graceful and determined step she took was a testament to her years of military training, yet there was a subtle sway to her hips that beckoned Luke to reach out and pull her close, reminiscent of that unforgettable night on the beach months ago.