𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Keira Blackwell was about to do the most embarrassing thing she had ever done in her life.

Did she care? Not in the slightest.

The blonde was convinced that embarrassment was a feeling for the weak, and consequently, she rarely experienced it. Determined and ambitious people, who knew perfectly well what they wanted and how to get it, took the necessary actions to achieve their goals, and Keira fell into that group of individuals.

Thus, she found herself standing confidently in front of the door to Cabin Ten on that sunny June morning. Passing campers, still bleary-eyed and making their way to the dining pavilion, cast curious glances her way, exchanging murmurs and pointing fingers as they went.

Keira supposed that what caught their attention the most was the beautiful and huge bouquet of flowers she had in her hand. The girl knew little to nothing about botany, but it was nothing that couldn't be solved by forcing one of the younger campers from the Demeter cabin to arrange a colorful bouquet for her.

"Keira?"

The blonde inclined her head slightly to the side, meeting Jake's curious and amused gaze, practically laughing at the spectacle before him. Keira flashed a smile, revealing her gleaming white teeth, though there was a forced sweetness about it that even made the son of Dionysus perceive it as somewhat sinister.

"Jake," she replied, continuing with her mocking sweetness.

"What the fuck are you doing standing here with—"

But the boy never finished his sentence, as at that moment, the door of the Aphrodite cabin swung open, causing Jake to immediately take a back seat to Keira.

First to emerge was Jolene, and her jaw dropped when her gaze landed on Keira's face, a wide smile stretching from ear to ear, peeking out from behind the largest bouquet of flowers she had ever laid eyes on. The brunette's brow furrowed in confusion, her mouth hanging open before she let out a hysterical scream.

"Are you finally asking George on a date?" Jolene exclaimed excitedly to her friend.

Quickly descending the small steps of the cabin entrance, the brunette approached Keira, disbelief evident on her face. It seemed that the blonde had finally decided to take her relationship with George seriously. Jolene supposed that Keira had sought her out for advice on how to approach the son of Hephaestus. It was unusual for Keira to seek guidance in matters of love, but then again, she wasn't known for being serious in relationships.

But Keira completely ignored her question. As the rest of her siblings emerged from the cabin door, she took two determined steps forward, grinning, subtly bumping into Jolene with her shoulder as she advanced confidently.

Jane Michigan froze in place as she realized that Keira was heading straight towards her.

Keira stood mere inches away from her, and despite the unconventional gesture, she exuded an irresistible allure. Her stormy gray eyes gleamed with determination, her smile radiating confidence, and her meticulously braided blonde locks framed her face with an air of elegance. Jane couldn't suppress a soft giggle, her curiosity piqued, unable to resist wondering what all of this was about.

"For you," Keira offered, extending the bouquet of flowers towards the daughter of Aphrodite.

Jane's lips parted in astonishment, her eyes widening at the unexpected gesture. She accepted the flowers, her fingers trembling slightly as she tried to comprehend the significance of Keira's actions.