𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

The party was turning out to be an even greater success than Keira had anticipated.

With her signature flair for entertainment, Keira was convinced that her gatherings were unmatched in Camp Half-Blood's recent history. Like her previous birthdays and other memorable celebrations, an invisible magical barrier cocooned the beach, containing the sounds and lights within its confines. This ensured privacy and shielded the festivities from prying eyes, including those of the harpies on the prowl for campers breaking curfew.

The beach was transformed into a spectacle of elegance with tables adorned in black and gold tablecloths, showcasing a vibrant assortment of drinks in every shade imaginable —a testament to Fred's fulfillment of his end of the deal. Delicate glasses adorned the tables, ready to be filled with liquid delights.

Only campers over the age of 15 were present, as Keira's parties maintained a strict age restriction. They danced merrily on the sand, their feet sinking into the soft grains, all dressed to impress for the occasion.

Colorful lights danced overhead, casting a kaleidoscope of hues across the sandy expanse. The music pulsed loudly, and the campers swayed to its rhythm, their movements slightly influenced by the effects of alcohol. It was a well-known fact that Keira's parties always boasted copious amounts of alcohol, and almost inevitably, they culminated in a chorus of queasy stomachs.

Keira exuded elegance in her sleek, all-black dress that hugged her every curve. The high mock neckline added sophistication, while its asymmetrical cut featured a single long black sleeve gracefully draping over her left arm. This asymmetry not only revealed a hint of her chest but also showcased the entirety of her left arm, adorned with a golden bracelet at the wrist. The dress boasted an open back, adding allure with a tasteful hint of skin.

Her large, golden circular earrings complemented her bold red lips, creating a striking contrast against her blonde hair elegantly tied in a bun with golden accents. Beneath the snug skirt of the dress, which extended halfway down her toned thighs, her sun-kissed, long legs were on full display, elegantly adorned with delicate black heels. While walking on the sand in those heels might have posed a challenge for most girls who weren't daughters of Aphrodite, Keira navigated effortlessly, her years of training in the military school granting her unparalleled agility and balance.

"Nice party, Blackwell," commented Julia, daughter of Ares, as she passed by the blonde.

"One of the best I can recall," agreed an unclaimed camper from Cabin 11, who was holding Julia's hand. The boy earned a rib jab from his companion when he added, "And congratulations on yesterday's Capture the Flag victory."

Smirking, Keira accepted the compliments with a subtle tilt of her champagne glass before bringing it back to her lips, continuing to enjoy her drink as her guests moved on towards the dance floor.

As Keira watched the festivities unfold, a sense of satisfaction washed over her. The notion that she was losing control to Luke's rising prominence in the camp now seemed absurd. Could he even orchestrate a party of this scale? Could he command such a large crowd and ensure everyone had as much fun as they were having in that moment?

Lost in the music, Keira made her way to the table for another glass of champagne, relishing the admiring glances from some Apollo sons who observed her from afar, their eyes tracing her captivating figure.

It became increasingly clear that Luke couldn't replace her, no matter how many heroic deeds he performed to save the camp. As guests greeted her and praised both the party and her team's victory from the day before, she savored the moment, taking more sips of champagne and basking in the scene before her.