7

I woke up bright and early. I had a little extra time before work to analyze the picture Archer drew for me. It was the most beautiful drawing I had ever seen. I don't think I ever found myself pretty before, but in this drawing, I was.... pretty. Before I knew it, it was time to leave for work. I shoved the picture in my purse and headed off to work. When I arrived at work, there was a bouquet of roses on my desk and a card that read "From Johnathon." My boss really sent me flowers.  I rolled my eyes and noticed Archer sitting on the chair staring at me.

 He was just silently watching me, that was until he started to speak."Are those flowers for you? And more importantly, who sent them?"

I smiled, I did not want to bring my personal life into business. "Just from an old friend," I stated.

He stared at me for a few moments before he raised an eyebrow and spoke again."Well, you are a beautiful woman after all, it's no surprise that some friend would send you flowers. What's your friend's name by the way?"

"David." I lied.

He continued to stare at me, he seemed to think something was off. He then spoke once again."How long have you known David?"

"He was an old high school friend. We are not here to discuss my friends, we are here to talk about you. How are you today?"

He shrugged, he still couldn't get over the fact that I was lying to him, but he decided to drop the subject. He took a deep breath as he sat up straight in his chair and sighed."Well, I'm doing a little bit better today. But if you really want to talk about my feelings then I really want to talk to you about something first."

"Okay?"

"Do you remember that drawing that I made for you?"

"Yes."

"Can I ask you to do something for me?"

"Like what?"

"Well, because I gave you a gift, I figured why not give me a gift. I want better food options and less security around me."

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I was stunned. "Giving you better food I can do, however the less security will be more tricky." 

He smirked when I said that I would give him better food, but I noticed how his smirk quickly disappeared when I started talking about his less security request."Tricky? That doesn't sound too promising. Can't you just make it happen?"

"You are a known murderer. I don't think they can just 'give you less security.'"

"Come on, it's not like I kill people every day. And plus, they know that I'm willing to talk about my issues. I'm not a threat to anyone here anymore."

"In my eyes, you were never a threat. In their eyes, they see 23 dead shrinks."

"That was in the past! Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm no exception. Can't you just make it happen? I feel like I won't be able to open up and trust you again if we continue with this tight security."

"I feel like you are trying to manipulate me Archer," I state in a weary tone.

He laughed. "Oh come on, is there a problem using a little bit of manipulation? It's not like it harms you in any way, plus I already gave you a gift and there's nothing wrong with you giving me one in return."

I sighed, but a curious question came to my head. "What else would you manipulate me for?"

He smiled as he thought of every possibility that he could manipulate me for."I have a long list, but just a few would probably be getting better treatment or being able to get my way with things more often. Maybe if I get to know you a bit better there might be other methods I could use on you."

"Would you manipulate my heart?"

He smirked slightly as he got to the most interesting part of his list. He stayed silent for a while until he finally answered my question."Who knows? That would actually be a very good method to use on you. That method will work if I play it right."

"Would you make me fall in love with you?"

He chuckled. "Of course, I could do that, that would be a very easy thing for me to do. I could get you to fall in love with me in a matter of days."

"Well, it's been a week and I haven't fallen in love. Do you think that if you tried to manipulate me into falling in love with you, that you would end up falling in love with me?"

He smirked, the challenge was too tempting to not try. He really wanted to see if he could make me fall in love with him. He spoke with a smirk on his face."That's an interesting question. I mean, I was gonna try to make **you** fall in love with **me**, but I guess it wouldn't be bad if I fell in love with you instead or if it ended up being both of us falling in love."

"And what if I don't fall in love?"

He kept his smirk throughout the entire time I spoke."Hmm, I don't know. I've never failed before. So it would be a first if it ended up happening. Do you want me to try anyways? If so, I'm sure I could make you fall in love with me."

I leaned on to the table and looked at him. "I'm not easily fooled, I don't think you could successfully complete that challenge."

He stared back at me with a smirk, the challenge was getting more exciting for him."Ohhh, a challenge. This just got a whole lot more interesting. Do you think you're unbreakable? That's it, I'm going to make this my goal to make you fall in love with me."

"Give it your best shot."

He smirked and leaned back on his chair, he finally had a new goal for his treatment. The challenge of making me fall in love with him was exciting, he loved it. A part of him almost wished that he failed, because he was curious as to what would happen if he were to actually fall in love. This is going to be such a fun week."How long should this period of time be? A week, two weeks, or until you fall in love?"