9

The next day comes and I wake up feeling fresh. The strange thing is, I had a date with my boss last night, but I can't stop thinking about Archer. I find myself excited to see him, he keeps me loving work. i may not love him, but am I attracted to him? Yes, I am. I can find my patients attractive, so don't judge me there. I just can't love them.

I walk into my office beaming with happiness.

He looked up at me as I entered the room, he couldn't help but notice that I was beaming with happiness."Ah, I can't help but notice the bright glimmer in your eyes. How was the date? I imagine that you had a good time right?"

I smiled at him. "Something like that."

He smirked and leaned back on his chair."Oh, I see, you had an amazing time. You're really making me jealous you know... I haven't seen you this happy since you've been here. But hey, this is a good thing and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It proves that I also don't have to worry about a potential love rival."

"And why would you assume that you don't?"

He smirked, I certainly was giving him a hard time now. "Well, you didn't exactly tell me about him. You never gave him a name, so I can only assume that he isn't somebody who I need to worry about. So, is my assumption right?"

I rolled my eyes at his assumption. "Or it might just be someone I can't talk about. Maybe that very person works in this building with me?"

His eyes widened slightly, he was starting to get the feeling that he might see some competition soon. He was curious about who the mystery man was."Oh, you're starting to make things interesting now. But who exactly is that person then? Am I at least able to describe what he looks like?"

"Who do you think it might be?"

He had a feeling that he already knew who this guy was, but he had to play along."Well, I'm going to take your little hint in the form of a question. Do I know him? Have I met him before?"

"You might have met him. Yes."

He thought about all of the people that he'd met in this building and eventually decided that there was only one person he thought could be the mystery man."This might be a little bit of a stretch, but is it... Dr. Williams?"

"Are you referring to my boss? Johnathan Williams?"

He nodded his head with a smug look on his face."Yeah, your boss. So I was right, was I not? He's the mystery man?"

"And why would you assume that?"

Another smug smile appeared on his face."Well, isn't it obvious? He is someone you can't talk about, and he definitely fits the description of your type. You might just be trying to be vague because you don't want to tell me out of fear that I might become jealous."

"If I am strict about keeping my relationship with you to just business, why wouldn't I be just as strict with my boss?"

He paused for a moment and looked at me, realizing that I had a good point. However, he's not going to admit that."Hmmm, you're right. Well then, who else could it be then? You told me that the guy worked in this building, so who else fits those criteria?"

"I said he MIGHT work here. What if I was just trying to throw you off?"

He smiled as he laughed at my counterattack."Ha, not bad. But you can't keep giving me hints like this and not expect me to figure out who the love rival is. The fact that you're being secretive and vague about his identity is proof that you're hiding something. But I'll play along, who do you suppose this love rival could be then?"