16

The officer got quiet for a moment, he was thinking of his next words to say. "Do you know why your boss would want to break into your house?"

I didn't know, I was surprised. "No, I don't."

"Well, we questioned for a few moments. I don't think he was there to rob you, I think he was there FOR you."

My jaw slightly dropped and my heart sank. "What makes you say that? Is that what he told you?"

He cleared his throat. "No, but he didn't take anything from your house, he was just creeping inside. Your house was not turned upside down, it was neat, aside from the broken window. We did ask his intentions and he just refused to answer. We are cops, it's our job to put two and two together."

I was stunned, I was shocked. Why would he do this? "May I speak to him?"

The officer raised his eyebrow and nodded. "If that's what you wished."

I stood up and he directed me to the interrogation room. When I walked into the room, he looked surprised. I was so angry I could slap him. "You have got to believe me. They got the wrong man." He stated.

I stared at him, I didn't believe him. "Why were you not at work today?"

He was silent for a few seconds. "I was at work."

"I went to your office, everyone said you were out."

"Oh, why did you go into my office?" He smirked.

I was disgusted. I rolled my eyes. "For work business. Why else?"

He leaned on the table and looked into my eyes. "You know we have some sort of chemistry. You can't deny it."

I recoiled. "We have no chemistry! I find you annoying."

He was so cocky. "Then why go on those coffee dates?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because I felt bad for you, that's why."

He seemed angry at this response. "Oh? Don't tell me you are falling for Archer. Is that why you have been so difficult to get to? I will have you fired and I will have him killed if that's the case."

"Why are you being so cruel?" I was absolutely horrified.

He chuckled. "Because, I always get my way, and he is currently standing in the way of that."

I was outraged by this, I stood up and walked out of the room. I was pissed.  I wanted him locked up. I told the officers I wanted to press every charge I could. Before I left, I went back to the interrogation room one last time. "Were you the one leaving those creepy presents at my door?"

He smirked. "Creepy? Is that what you call it?"

I scoffed. "Yes, creepy. You knew I wasn't interested in you in a romantic way, and yet you left CREEPY presents and notes along with it."

He rolled his eyes. "You are just ungrateful, what if I had left you a brand new car at your doorstep? I bet it wouldn't have been a creepy present then."

"I wouldn't have accepted even then." I spat out. I stormed out of the interrogation room and as I was leaving he yelled.

"I will get rid of him, you know."

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to look at him. I shot daggers at him, I was not going to waste any more words with this man. I left and went home. I was upset, I cried the whole car ride home. Would he really get rid of him? I am sure he was going to get locked up, especially after basically just admitting murder in front of the officers. I was exhausted and I just wanted a nap. 

When I arrived home, I walked straight to my room and crashed. I woke up a couple of hours later to my phone going off. I was getting text messages from my boss. I was confused considering he should be locked up, how and why was he texting me?

"Im free." His first message stated.

"Funny how having a huge salary can make things change very quickly." That was the next message.

He had paid his bond and I am sure he even bribed with his money. How sick these cops were. They were acting so concerned and then let him go all in a couple of hours. How disgusting. I was sure to be fired the next day, I was anxious because now I had no job, and I'm sure writing a letter of recommendation was out of the question. Was he really going to kill Archer next? I was dreading tomorrow. I needed to speak with Archer before things got too out of hand.

I woke up the next day feeling defeated, before I headed into my office, a nurse came and told me Johnathan needed to see me. I dragged my feet to his office and sat in the chair across from him waiting to see what he had to say.

"Well, good morning to you too." He said in a cocky tone with a smirk. 

I rolled my eyes. "I assumed you are going to fire me now?" I said nonchalantly. On the inside, I was terrified, because that would mean that I would have to leave now, and I need to speak to Archer.

He laughed at this. "No, I am not going to fire you."

My eyes widened. Just the other day he said he would and now he is saying he's not, I'm sure he had a plan as to why he is not going to fire me yet.

"You said you were the other day. What changed your mind."

He cleared his throat. "At some point, Archer will have to die. You being his shrink and all, you are going to have to watch and participate in his death. That gives me much more satisfaction than just firing you."

My breath caught in my chest. I was furious at how cruel this man could be. I got up and walked to my office where I saw Archer sitting in my office. I slammed my notebooks on my desk and before he could get any words out I stated, "We are going to have to kill Johnathan."