13

I woke up, not wanting to go to work this time. I dreaded it actually. He had broken me. I was exhausted from our argument yesterday. Nonetheless, I got ready and went to work, when I arrived, Archer was in the office with a worried expression.

Before I could even sit down he blurted, "Our sessions may be put on paused. for a bit."

I was confused. "Why so you can free time with that nurse of yours." I said sarcastically.

"No, because I killed her. They haven't found her body yet, but when they do, I will be put in solitary confinement."

I was in shock, I couldn't believe what he had said. He said all of this so casually, without even an emotional twitch. The way he said that he killed her was so relaxed and calm. As for that nurse, she was already dead? He just let it all spill out. He then chuckled a little. Was he being completely serious about her being dead right now? Was this just a joke? It was pretty hard to tell with him, he had such a deadpan expression.

"Well. Why did you kill her?"

He smirked as he shook his head slightly. It wasn't for me, unfortunately. But he did like the fact that I seemed at least a little bit interested in him after finding out about this."Oh, you really want to know why? I'm not sure if I should tell you. But I might as well, I have nothing to lose anymore anyways."

"I mean you were sleeping with her one day then the next you killed her, of course, I have questions."

He chuckled as he nodded his head."That's fair enough. Maybe I should start by asking you a question. Does this scare you? The fact that I just admitted to killing someone?"

"You are a murderer, I kind of expected it."

That was definitely a fair point."Yeah, I am a murderer. But I'm a murderer you were falling for, right? I mean, you were even jealous when I slept with her that night. But that didn't scare you away."

I scoffed. "'A murderer I'm falling for.' How arrogant."

He smirked. I was making it so easy for him. He enjoyed the way he could just pull my strings and make me feel a certain way. That little scoff gave him the satisfaction he needed."Oh, are you not falling for me? Because let me tell you, that jealousy was pretty obvious on your face. Your facial expressions are almost as easy to read as a book."

"You didn't answer my question. WHY did you kill her?"

He sighed, this is where things got complicated. He was going to have to reveal his motive eventually. And as much as he didn't want to tell me, he would eventually have to."Well, to put it simply. I killed her because she annoyed me. I just couldn't stand her presence and her constant attempts to make me 'behave.' You know, I really thought she would be able to 'fix' me, but her attempts were pathetic."

"Oh, so is that what you are going to do to me? Kill me next?"

His smile broadens as he chuckles. He really enjoyed watching me get worried about this revelation. It made him feel more powerful and in control."No, I would never kill you. Never. I may be a murderer, but I would never kill you, not in all the lives I will ever live would I kill you."

I smiled at this, it may have been twisted, but it was a sweet thing to say.

He had a huge wave of satisfaction flow through him as he saw me smiling at his words."You think that's sweet, do you? Do you actually believe the things I'm saying right now? Do you truly think I would never hurt you? Because if you do, I'm going to like playing with this even more than I have so far. Because I have some pretty sweet things I want to tell you."