20

The time had come, it was time for Archer to die. That manipulative shit. My heart was hurting but for a different reason, it hurt because I was lied to. I made my way to the bathroom to get dressed in the clothes I was given to wear for this event. I put on the white coat and the protective scrub to wear on top. I walked outside to meet up with the other nurses and doctors. We were all wearing our assigned protective clothes and walked down the long hallway. 

The hallway felt longer than usual, but eventually, we did arrive at the door. I was last to come inside. Archer was not there yet, they had sent a couple of doctors to go grab him and strap him down in a wheelchair. A few minutes had gone by and he was wheeled in. I looked out into the room, I couldn't see them, but I knew they could see me. There was a news reporter and a couple of my standards, I knew that much. Johnathan came in to make his personal appearance, he wanted to make a speech.

"I am sad to say that we will be losing one of our patients today, but nothing seemed to be helping him progress." Even though he acted sad, I knew deep down he was jumping with joy. "Today his death will be assisted by Freya Jones, Justin Moore, and Amelia Perkins. These wonderful nurses and doctor have done their best to assist Archer Williams in his time here, they have grown to care for him and were deeply disturbed by his recent actions. We thought it would be best for him to have the people he dealt with on a daily basis to be the last thing he sees before going on his way after death."

He concluded his speech with a sad sigh, but I knew it was fake. All of it was fake. He didn't feel a drop of sadness, a drop of remorse, nothing. "We will begin the death shortly, however, I feel like each of the nurses and doctor should give their own speech for Archer."

Justin was first in line. "Archer was one of my most difficult patients. He fought for every feeding, and he screamed during every medication time. However, I would like to believe that somewhere deep down inside of him, he was sane and knew how to love. I liked to believe that he knew how to care. It saddens me to see one of my patients go, but I believe God has plans for him."

Everyone clapped after his speech and next was Amelia. "I would like to believe that Mr. Willams had a precious understanding of human life. I don't want to believe that he is dying a heartless man. He was difficult, but I like to believe it was just a front." She kept her speech short and sweet and then next was me.

I didn't prepare a speech, so I went on a whim. "I'm not really sure what to say, so I guess I will say what's on my heart. When I first met Archer, I was intrigued by him. He didn't seem like just any ordinary killer, he seemed human. As our sessions continued, I got to learn a lot about him. He was caring, he was human, and he had feelings. He was given a shit life, and I felt for him. A few sessions later he admitted that he wanted me to fall in love with him. I didn't believe that I could ever fall in love with a killer...but I did. As much as I hate to admit it, I did. I fell in love with it completely. He kissed me, showed me affection, and treated me with kindness. Later I found out it was all a lie. He admitted it was a lie. Deep down, I don't believe that, but I could just be manipulating myself to believe my own lie." I glanced at Archer and he was looking straight ahead. My words didn't seem to affect him.

It was time to start the killing. They prepared him. They moved him to the chair and strapped him done, I could see the panic start to settle in him, but he wasn't going to show it. Amelia and Justin stepped aside and let me gather the tools I needed. There was a syringe on the table and gloves and a sanitization wipe.

I grabbed my gloves and put them on, I grabbed the wipe and wiped his skin. I then reached for the syringe and pulled it out of my pocket. I stared at him in the eyes and he looked angry. He felt betrayed and I knew that. I smiled at him before I stuck the needle in his arm. I slowly pushed the liquid into his skin and everyone watched him as his eyes fluttered back. His eyes were finally closed and his head fell down. The room was filled with silence. He was gone. 

I stared at Johnathan and smiled then I released the straps that were binding him. The doctor started to clean up the table with all the tools on it and spoke.

"The syringe is still on the table. She didn't use the lethal injection!"

Johnathan stormed to me pinned me against the wall and screamed. "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

Moments after he spoke, Archer's eyes opened and he stood up.