𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
⎡ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "CAW! CAW! SOUTHEAST! HEAD SOUTHEAST! IN THE VILLAGE INARI, YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN HAVE GONE MISSING AND SOME HAVE WOKEN WITH NO MEMORIES OF THE NIGHT BEFORE WITH MYSTERIOUS BITE MARKS! CAW! CAW! GO!"

"Shut up, you damn crow!" Sanemi growled in annoyance at the bird fluttering around his head who laughed from his unsuccessful attempts to knock it down from the sky.

That all changed when he drew his sword.

Squeaking in fright, the animal quickly flew away from its overzealous master, the Hashira in question now walking down the dirt road away from his estate near the Demon Slayer Headquarters toward his affirmed destination. While he didn't mind traveling as far as he did considering the other Hashira had their hands full, he was irritated when after two days of looking for the source of trouble, he couldn't find any sort of clue. On his first night there, he noticed that someone was following him, but their presence soon disappeared.

But now...

It seems I've found them.

Sanemi grinned down at the demon woman that was cowering on the ground, her (E/C) eyes wide with recognizable fear that almost made him laugh. He found it hypocritical for her to show fear since he knew that all demons loved to see that same fear in the eyes of their human victims.

"Die, demon!" He yelled, raising his katana as he crouched low and thrust himself in the air.

    (Y/N) watched the Hashira and his attack approach her in what could almost be perceived as slow-motion, wondering why her life wasn't flashing before her eyes. In moments like this, she was sure that was what was supposed to happen. But she also couldn't let herself die. Since she had no use to develop a Blood Demon Art due to her vow against consuming humans, she honed her other senses and abilities—mainly, speed.

    Sanemi's eyes widened when (Y/N) was able to dodge the circular torrents of air rushing from his blade down towards her, landing back on the ground only to once again launch another attack.

    Wind Breathing, First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter.

    (Y/N) almost faltered in her footsteps when Sanemi rushed at her with a speed almost equivalent to her own, having to slide and jump to avoid the horizontal slashes that kept churning from his blade. In an instance where she was too slow, she cried out in pain when one of his strikes hit dead center on her leg, slicing the limb off and making her fall to the ground. She willed her leg to regrow, but regeneration had always been slow to her. Sanemi watched as she drug herself away from him, an eyebrow raised in confusion.