三十九

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞⎡ 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 ⎦

꧁꧂

As Giyu walked alongside (Y/N) and Kyojuro towards where Urokodaki lived, he couldn't keep himself from glowering at the Flame Hashira. Despite his awe and admiration of Kyojuro, the bitter resentment of how he barged his way into his journey with (Y/N) was something he could not erase, his oceanic gaze darkening the longer it stayed pinned to the twos' forms. How they seemed so comfortable with each other plagued him with the ever dreadful thought that (Y/N) was now too far away for him to reach.

    It was a dreadful thought.

    One that made him hate how easily susceptible he was to his feelings.

    When his sister died, Giyu despised demons with his entire being and wished more than anything that they would suffer and die. But with (Y/N), something changed. He vividly remembered how the snow was so cold to the touch that it practically burned his fingers as he tried to claw his way through, the wind whistling through his dark hair and making it almost impossible to see or hear. But then, almost as if her presence was God-sent, (Y/N) was there, reaching her hand out to him with most kindest eyes he had ever seen. It was the same warm gaze that his sister used to look at him with.

    Her hand reached out.

    And he took it.

    She felt cold, but as she wrapped his small body within her arms and continued to walk, he felt nothing but warmth.

    "Giyu?" (Y/N) now stood in front of him waving her hand in front of his face to try and gain his attention, having noticed how he was spacing out. "Are you okay?"

    Giyu blinked.

    That's right.

    She doesn't remember that.

    She doesn't remember me... nor all the time she spent with me... nor what she said...

    What I told her...

    She doesn't remember any of it.

    Gritting his teeth, Giyu swallowed those feelings of regret and irritation, once more masking those emotions with an expression of total neutrality. Giving (Y/N) a blank stare and a quick nod of his head to her question, he then walked past her and Kyojuro, not even sparing a glance at his fellow Hashira, something that made both of them furrow their brows in confusion.