十一

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧  ⎡ 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
⎡ 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⎦

꧁꧂

    (Y/N) sat at a table with broken dishes and cups in front of her, the only other person in the room being Rui considering he had slaughtered the rest of his family members except for her. Yet, there was no food in bowls, no water in cups, and no laughter or the sound of silverware clinking against glasses.

It was all too silent.

    Like they were playing a game of pretend.

In that moment, she knew that Rui's pretend-family had been kept hostage just as much as she, having to keep complacent in this stifling room lest they incurred his wrath. Glancing down at Rui who had his head on her lap with his eyes closed as she once again let her fingers glide through his hair in a soothing manner, she noticed that he was clutching onto her almost painfully tight—as if he were afraid at any moment, she would disappear.

This is just pitiable.

    (Y/N) couldn't help but feel her eyes crest downward as her eyebrows furrowed, nothing but sympathy overwhelming her.

He's pretending.

    With his old family... and now with me.

    But he can never be satiated by just this... he must know that. A relationship of fear isn't a relationship at all... it's just abuse.

And Rui...

    He needs to understand that.

    (Y/N) wished to speak, to make some sort of indication that she acknowledged this large problem, but she couldn't move—couldn't even make a sound. A type of stifling feeling wafted through the air that made her sit still as if she were stone or as if she were dead.

It was unnatural.

    "I can tell that you want to say something," Rui's soft voice finally broke the silence.

Blinking, she answered, "What... do you mean?"

    His head turned so that she could no longer touch his head, instead his blue eyes staring at her with an intensity that made her freeze. They were dull and void, completely bare of any real emotion save for a strong type of yearning that she could easily guess at. It didn't help that with the angle which he was looking at her from, the kanji engraved 'five' in his eye could be seen perfectly.