四十一

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞⎡ 𝑯𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒅 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑯𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒅 ⎦

꧁꧂

"I'm sorry if my presence has made you uncomfortable, as I know you are demon hunters, I just wanted to help," the unidentified demon woman mumbled as she gestured to Giyu ever so slightly "I just... wanted to see if he was okay."

    Giyu didn't budge from her words, yet the more he looked at her, the more he felt as if she did look familiar. His mind kept returning back to that day in the snow when he had run away from everything he knew, remembering a hand reaching out to him when he had collapsed.

    In that moment, he knew.

    She had been the one to save him.

    "Who... are you?" Giyu finally uttered, his expression contorting with both shock and confusion as his grip on his sword loosened. "Why did you save me? What do you want? Do you regret not killing and eating me!? Is that why you're here!? That's what you demons do, right!? Isn't that what your kind did to my sister!?"

    The demon woman didn't say anything for a moment, instead her eyes filling with such deep sadness it made Giyu flinch.

    Finally, she said, "I am (L/N)(Y/N). There is no reason for my saving you—I just wanted to."

    "B-But... you're a demon," Giyu stuttered.

    "Yes..." her eyes lowered in what looked to be regret and displeasure. "I am a demon, so I guess I do deserve all of your scorn..."

    Both Giyu and Sakonji visibly recoiled in disbelief when silent tears started to creep down her cheeks, her expression showing nothing but melancholic remorse. With that, she turned and slowly started walking back into the depths of the forest, disappearing into the darkness just like she did so long ago. However, this didn't last, as she appeared again and again over the course of the next few weeks, eventually Sakonji and Giyu becoming somewhat used to her presence.

    It was what led to the moment at hand.

    How curious...

How curious indeed...

    Sakonji currently watched as (Y/N) tried to offer Giyu a snack, yet each time she moved, he gave her a harsh glare that made her stop in her tracks.