十七

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧   ⎡ 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
⎡ 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

    As (Y/N) walked through the forest of Natagumo Mountain, searching desperately for Kenji, she felt a sense of hopelessness well up within her when knowing that his scent had faded long ago. Not only that, but Rui's presence was gone as well. As she held her arms to her chest, her expression crumpling at the thought of the young spider demon's death, all she could do was hope that Kenji hadn't suffered a similar fate if he had come back to search for her.

The Demon Slayers...

It's likely they've killed everyone and saved those that they could.

But.... Kenji-san...

A type of despondency coursed through her to the point it made her legs give out under her. Collapsing to her knees for the second time that night, the thought of never being able to find the person she considered her brother like a dagger carving itself painfully across her heart.

She needed him.

What would she do without him?

He was the one that had always held her when she cried, that had always stayed beside her until she fell asleep, that had always helped her during her episodes of grief and violence, and had always aided her when she needed him.

But now...

Now he's gone... will I ever be able to find him? Does he... even want me to find him?

The cracking of a branch to her right immediately made her head turn in that direction, her senses having been dulled in that moment to where anyone could have snuck up on her. Her eyes widened when finding Gyutaro standing there, obviously had detached from his sister considering the sun was only an hour or two away from rising. If he were being honest, his mind couldn't get off the fact that he found (Y/N) eerily familiar.

He had to follow her.

He had to find out where he knew her.

He had to know why his mind was now constantly filled with her despite only meeting once.

"U-Upper Moon Six..." (Y/N) muttered as she visibly trembled.