2• Over a ring

"Babe, do you see my ring?" I pushed my head through the door space of his home office to ask.

He gestured for me to come in.

I did and he got up to lock the door behind me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I didn't tell my parents that we're engaged." He revealed, gaging my reaction.

Wah dih muma rawse.

Him wah break mih heart.

"Why?"

"Our parents blessings go both ways if I want to marry you tomorrow." He stresses, putting his arms around me.

"So where is my ring?" I asked again.

"I put it in the safe." He watches my expression more intensely.

"So I'm going to work for the first time in a year without my engagement ring." I voiced so he can make sense if it.

"Love, if anyone ask you can say I'm merely upgrading it to be more customized." He suggested and I stared at his face. "I'll do that today, I promise you."

"Mhmm." I hummed.

"Forgive me..."

"Forgive you for showing it off to my friends and family and the moment I remove it you snatch it to hide in the safe?" I pointed out.

He sighed. "Babe..."

"What next do I need to be aware of?" I tried to remove his hands from off me.

"My parents are staying with us for a week and my brother will be here on my birthday." He revealed and I nod. "I'm sorry."

"I'm only upset about the ring. I need time though, so remove your hands because I need to get to work." I gave him a fake smile but he only holds me tighter.

"My love, I'll talk to my parents about it today." He promised and I laughed at the sarcastic joke. "I really am."

"J'ai Lee Wong, you've made the right decision." I mused, putting my arms around his neck.

"Babe, I'll fix it." He realizes my intention.

"You keep that ring for as long as ever. When you're serious about me then you'll have to ask my parents again, for my hand in marriage." I smiled sweetly, pushing him off me.

"Babe..." I exit his office and sees his dad walking down the hallway. "Tayiemah."

"I'm going to work now Mister Wong. Have a good day." I told him.

"You too, dear." He nods.

Taking up my purse off the couch, I grabbed my car key and head out.

"Baby." He called out again and I stopped, facing him since his father was watching. "I'm sorry."

"Okay." Was all I said.

He came and pecks my lips. "I love you."

"Love you too." I sigh, and he frowned.

"I. Love. You." He repeats.

"I love me." I laughed, walking out.

"Come on." He groaned, following me outside. "Say it."

"I love me." I smiled.

"Don't be like that. You can't leave me like this." He complained like a little kid.

"Fine. I love you too." I kiss him and he holds me up when I'm already late. "I'm gonna be late. Bye."

He opens the door for me and I thanked him.