4• Women are never wrong

I was first to enter the driveway with babes Tesla back into the safely of the garage.

Then out he came with his dad as they lazily packs their arms with the bags to make less trips.

Still they'll need to return as Mrs Wong took me inside with her.

"We shop, they bring the bags in and we unpack." She informs me and I smile.

We did just that, making things a lot easier by the team work.

After everything came in, I passed J'ai something I know he wanted sometime back.

"Wow!" He chuckled, looks at the box. "Is this for my birthday?"

"No." I laughed.

I got him a gift box with a bottle of Balvenie Scotch whiskey and it comes with two glasses. One is a snifer and the other is a wobble glass.

"Ma, pa." He called his parents who looked at him. "This is why I love her. She buys me gifts yet she'll still shower me with presents on my birthday. She will make a man feel like a joyful kid."

They laughed, I only rolled my eyes at his humor.

"I met her parents while shopping." Mrs Wong mentioned.

Again, J'ai looked happy.

"Did you tell him I want flitters for my birthday breakfast?" He asked me, in hopes that I'll say yes.

"No." I laughed.

"Come on. You have the ingredients but you won't make it."

"Because you're ungrateful when I do make it." I reminded him, organization the fridge with the new purchases.

"That's because you eat a lot more than what you put to cool." He complained.

"That's because you've been eating everything before I finish preparing it. Whether it's hot or cooled, you ate your portion and still takes from mine."

"You love me, so it's only fair that you share your stuff with me." He laughs and I did too.

"Daddy will make you some, I'm sure of it."

"But I also like when you do it." He came and hugged me. "You put the extra love in it. Remember how you made my initials with the batter. That was cute."

"It was and that will be a one time thing." I removed his hands.

"Babe, I'm begging here." He gestured to himself.

"You'll get it one day." I promised and he sighs.

"Okay."

He was defeated, thinking he'll get it tomorrow. Too bad.

Thankfully, he cooked so we were able to eat.

After that, we sat in the family room watching a lifetime movie about a stalker going after a woman he's obsessed with. J'ai's on the couch and I'm on the carpet between his legs as he helps me with my hair.

Taking the braid out and puts it in a pile of hair.

His parents are on the longer couches eating Jamaican snacks that I had.

Mister Wong loves the plaintain and cassava chips while Mrs Wong loves big foot and coconut flavored Shirley biscuits.

All this time, babes phone is recording this moment as he loves feeling my natural hair.

Often times I see his mom looking at us and smiles.

"The new growth is sick." Babe notices when we're done.