Chapter Fifteen

Amara

My head is in the clouds as I get dressed. Sebastian kissed me, and we almost crossed a line I'm unsure I'm ready to cross. Sure, I've thought about sleeping with him. Who hasn't? And while I'm not a virgin, the nerves and second thoughts settled in when we were interrupted. I was drunk when I slept with Rylan. I barely remember the moment in that dark alleyway. If Sebastian and I sleep together, I'll be sober, and it will be different. My body is ready, but my mind is lagging behind.

I should stay in bed and rest. Now that I've slept, all I want is to sleep more. Although, I have an inkling that I won't be able to. Not without Sebastian next to me, holding me in his arms. I'm acting selfishly. I want to be with him, so I'm allowing myself this day. Even if it's a bad idea.

With a pair of leggings, a blue hoodie with a cowl neck, and a pair of walking boots, I start down the stairs. There's a small smile on my face, and it grows when I hear a series of tapping and mumbled curses in the corridor.

I step into the hall, saving Sebastian from getting drenched from tapping the wrong passcode.

"How many times have you seen me knock the correct sequence?" I ask in a teasing tone.

"Funny, you think I was paying attention to that and not something, or rather, someone else?" He smirks with an arched brow.

I cross my arms over my chest and roll my eyes with an amused grin. "I highly doubt that."

"Oh, really?" He takes a step closer, and I take one back. "Are you implying that I'm lying to you?" he asks with a hint of desire in his tone.

He continues to walk forward, and my back meets the door to my common room. Sebastian smiles down at me, his eyes dark and filled with devious thoughts.

"Shall I remind you?" His lips meet the shell of my ear. "Is that what you want?" he whispers, and I shiver in response. "Hmm," he hums as his teeth graze my earlobe. "Why are you shivering, Amara?"

"I'm not..." I mumble, sounding breathless.

He releases a dark chuckle. "You're such a terrible liar."

My eyes meet his, and I become captivated. Any sensible thoughts vanish. I could tap on the panels, and the door would open. I could take his hand and lead him to my room. Everyone is in class, it would be just the two of us.

"You're thinking." His breath coats my lips.

"And what if I am?"

Sebastian's lips graze over mine, toying with me. With a gentle kiss, chills swim over my spine, and my lips tingle against his touch. He moans into my mouth, and I gasp slightly when he pulls away. Without any words, he takes my hand and leads me down the hall.

All Hallows Eve is a few weeks away, and the air is crisp. Sebastian takes me outside, coming to an abrupt stop with a mischievous smile on his face.

"I sense trouble," I chuckle.

Without saying anything, Sebastian reaches into his cloak and pulls out his broom. "We're going on an adventure."

"Haven't we had enough of those?" I chime.

"Oh, please. Every day is an adventure with you."

My cheeks turn red in response.

"Besides, when was the last time we had a proper adventure?"