Part 6

Chapter 6

AKOHITO SHIRAHOSHI

Power in the shinobi world was a necessity. It could be economic might, the kind possessed by Gato or other conglomerates in the world. It could be political as possessed by the daimyo and Shugo's and jito's or it could be power in its cruelest form.

For a person of his station and wealth, power was easy enough to buy. He could afford to hire several ninjas to guard himself, hire other people for his protection, and make no mistake, he did so as well, and a lot of other things through his wealth and influence.

Yet that didn't mean that he had left himself helpless. Akihito may not have access to the various secrets to unimaginable power held by the hidden villages, yet his wealth and influence allowed him access to several people willing to impart upon him their own understanding and experiences, which, after mixing and matching with his own knowledge had allowed him to progress over the years.

The men surrounding him and his retinue were simple enough, a group of wandering rounin and bandits, making their living by looting caravans, killing and selling flesh. Their presence was rather common at these times given that the kingdom was going through tough times because of the war, and many had no choice but to resort to such measures to feed themselves.

It was one of the reasons that in his own castle, no food was wasted, and all surplus food was distributed back to the people. Apart from that, there were several soup kitchens organized throughout the region for the destitute and helpless, just so people would not resort to banditry and killing.

A crime done out of necessity and hunger, he could understand and, if enough remorse was shown, even forgive.

Yet a crime carried out of joy was one that would get no mercy from him. It never had, and it never will.

And so as he watched the bandits glance lecherously at his lady wife and servant, one whom he had acquired through an S-ranked mission, and the woman in question had saved his life on numerous occasions, he gripped his sword tightly, his reserves were lesser than a shinobi of similar age, yet one didn't need massive amount if chakra for what he was about to do.

He felt his body heat up, a familiar strength erupting through his core, traveling through his whole musculature, invigorating him, moving through his arms, up his sword, which gained a slight greenish hue over its edge.

"Ninpo:...." The burly man, who was the leader of this so-called group, continued to laugh, unaware of just what was about to befall him, as he calmly exhaled, flaring his chakra and pushing it into his blade with all his focus as he brought it down.

"....Kazakiri!"

And he saw the laughter's stop as a metallic screech rang out, making some of them wince, as the burly man's body took a moment to register his strike. And then the man turned to face him, his eyes filled with fear looked into his gaze and as he tried to raise his hand, his body separated into two equal halves.

"AHHHHH!" the others screamed as they saw tow halves of his body fall to the ground, his guts spilling on the grass, his blood dying it all red.

"WHAT!"

"THE HELL!" "WHO DID THIS!" "THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY!"
"JUST WHO IS HE!"

They all backed away, weapons drawn, as his guards paled at the sight as well, yet they held firm, knowing that if they were to fall, they could put the lives of his lady wife and one of his most trusted servants in danger.

"Now," he began, and he saw them all look at him, as he spoke up again.

"I will ask again who ordered this, and the one who answers first gets to keep his life...." He offered and saw some of them glance at each other, doubts creeping in their hearts as he heard a shout from the side.