12 Khushi was caught

Part 12 Khushi was caught

Arnav sent Khushi's phone number and Rejoice's Email ID. Though he waited for Arun Prince's call, he concentrated on his work not wasting his time because he knew Arun might take time. After all, he was a cybercrime inspector. He would be busy if the department included him in any work.

Arnav signed a Gundas file thinking about Dev Sinha. He was the powerful man in the district and tried to increase his power by giving his daughter's hand to a politician's son but his daughter was in love with her college mate Akash who was the son of a wholesale dealer. What would he do if Payal denied marrying the politician? Would he harm Akash? If he did that, what would Khushi do? He looked at the clock. It was 9 pm. he was not sure whether Prince would call him or not. It had been an hour since he sent Khushi's number and Rejoice's email ID. He sighed.

That was when he got a call on his mobile and it was indeed Arun Prince. Arnav attended the call.

"Haan, Prince?"

"Both are the same Device, ASR"

"I see" Arnav smiled as that was what he expected.

"Yeah, and the Email ID was logged in into the same device just this evening"

"Is it?"

"Yes, but the phone number belonged to a girl called Khushi Gupta. She is not Rejoice..."

"Yeah... I know that"

"Anything else?"

"No... thank you"

"Always..."

"Bye"

Arnav disconnected the call smiling. So, Rejoice was none other than Khushi Gupta. Why was she playing this game? Could she have a serious reason or she was just hiding her identity playfully? Being a social worker, why did she think of hiding her identity? She could have daringly told him what she wanted to...! Why was she doing that? he did not doubt that whatever she did was for only to help him. Then, why this *hide and seek*? He didn't know.

On the other side, Khushi was tossing on the bed restlessly. She knew Dev Sinha. He would not even bother about his own daughter if she did anything against him. He didn't care about being not talking to her. He gave her a blank chequebook signed not to show his love but to get her trust. So that he could get her married to the Lajapathi Metha, the political leader's son.

She sat on the bed, keeping her palm on her head. Why did Arnav directly show his power to him? Dev won't go for anyone's recommendation but he himself would finish it on his own. She didn't know what he was going to do in Arnav's matter. She jerked hearing a phone bell that tore the silence of the night. She saw COLLECTOR SIR flashing. She sat on the bed and attended it hurriedly.

"Hello, sir"

"Hi"

"Yes, sir"

"How was your awareness program held?"

"successful, sir"

"Great... did the headmaster and Santhoshi teacher ask you anything?"

"No, sir... the headmaster treated us nicely"

"That's good... anything else?" he asked.

Khushi was stuck. She didn't know whether she could talk to him about Dev or not.

"Actually... nothing sir..."

"I thought being a social worker, you would appreciate me for seizing the sand trucks," he said seriously.