20 Actions

Part 20 Actions

Khushi was nervous like hell. She was checking her phone from time to time to know whether Arnav saw the mail or not. It was a highly dangerous situation. Dev was a more dangerous man than she thought. He was not only getting ready to kill Arnav but also destroy many people. If he used the explosive in the temple festival, hundreds of people would die. Though she was concerned about people Arnav was her TOP PRIORITY. She wanted to save Arnav's life. He must be alerted about the temple function. She didn't leave Payal's house immediately because she didn't want Dev to get doubt on her. So, she had no choice other than to stay with Payal because the maid was on leave that day.

Her nervousness was increasing as she didn't get a reply from Arnav. It was already 2 pm but Arnav didn't reply to her mail that he always did.

On the other side, Shyam went to his house. He had to. He wanted to know Anjali's state of mind. As he expected, Anjali was packing her and their daughter's things in bags. She didn't react to his arrival and continued her work.

"Anjali, I agree I had made a mistake... I promise I will not do it again. Please don't go"

Neither Anjali responded to him nor did she stop what she was doing. Shyam tried to touch her, but she moved back, glaring at him.

"Dare you...! Don't you dare touch me with the same hands that touched a bitch" She shouted.

"Anjali... please listen to me. Please don't leave..."

"You want me to be here, right? Ok... I will stay. But, touch your heart and say. Will you accept me after seeing me sitting on a man's lap?"

Shyam was stuck. He looked somewhere not answering.

"I know you won't. If you can't accept a bitch, how would you expect me to accept a son of a..." She stopped panting hard.

Shyam looked at her shockingly, controlling his anger.

"I got to know who you are. You are a cheat...! You won't mind killing me and my daughter for your happiness. I don't even like to see your face. You are a Python...! You coiled us only to break our bones to swallow us alive!" She took the bag and walked out.

Shyam followed her pleadingly.

"Anjali, don't ruin my respect, people will mock me if you leave our house"

"What about me? Don't you ruin my respect by going to another woman? Won't people mock me?"

"I'm sorry, Anjali..."

"Don't try... I will never forgive you..."

"OK, you don't have to forgive me. You don't have to leave our house. I will leave. You stay here with our daughter"

"You don't have to suggest to me what I should do. This is my life. I will decide what I want"

"Anjali, please try to understand. How can I walk on the road with respect?"

"Do you think you can do that if I stay here? Don't you think people spit on you for having an affair with a married woman? Don't you regret doing that? Now also, you are thinking only about your respect as if you have some"

She came out and got stuck to see a few officers entering their premises.

"We are from Vigilance" They showed their identity cards"

Shyam was horrified. Vigilance raid in his house? Was not it their custom to come in a jeep? Then why didn't they? He could not understand. He became tense. There were ten lakhs in his bike's side box that he got from Dev Sinha. He saw a Deputy Tahsildar Mr. Trivedi with them. He was going to be a witness. So that later Shyam could not turn the case as if it was framed one by the Vigilance. Shyam knew it was a procedure. Every Vigilance raid would include an officer in a Deputy Tahsildar cadre. It was to avoid unnecessary controversies.