34 Condition

Part 34 Condition

The press reporters captured a snap with everyone. Then, they requested Arnav to pose with his family. Arnav looked at Khushi smilingly.

"Come on Khushi beta..." Ratna made her stand next to Arnav.

Shashi and Garima stood beside Khushi, whereas Arvind and Ratna stood next to Arnav.

"Thank you so much, sir"

"wait..." Garima went inside and brought snacks to all. Payal and Akash helped her.

The press reporters checked the snaps.

"When will the photos be published?" NK asked.

"In the evening edition, sir," the reporter said.

Arnav smirked upon hearing that. This was what he wanted to happen. If the engagement news was published in the magazines, there wouldn't be a chance for anyone to spread indecent information about them. Dev's plan would be flopped. As of now, he won but they would not be quiet. They would try to hit him some other way. Arnav knew that.

Shashi was looking at him thoughtfully. What happened that day didn't look coincident. Seemingly it coincidentally but it was not. Something must have happened behind the screen. Arnav would have weaved a NET around him. He guessed right but he didn't know what was the NET for...!

Garima provided snacks and tea to everyone, including the press reporters. Arnav waited for the reporters to leave. After that, Arnav looked at Shashi and said,

"I would like to fix our wedding in this month..."

Shashi nodded ok.

"Wedding expenses will be ONLY mine. You don't have to give anything to Khushi. Just bring her to the wedding hall... it's enough" Said Arnav.

Shashi and Garima looked at each other perplexed.

"How could we send her to your home like that?" Garima asked.

"You don't want anything, it's your generosity. It doesn't mean we will not give her anything..." Shashi said.

Arnav was about to say something, but Shashi stopped him.

"She is our only daughter... we can't send her with free hands"

"If you want to give her something, give it to her foundation. It will be helpful to many people but my wife will not bring anything to my house from her mother's place"

"How could you say that? How will our daughter be confident if she comes to your house with nothing? Doesn't she want security? Please don't take us wrong. A girl needs it the most. You are a man. You can't understand that. Ask your mother how it feels for a girl" Garima dared.

Arnav was supposed to say something,

"Please don't bring the TRUST issue here... this is different"

Arnav looked at Ratna who was silent. Arnav thought for a while.

"OK, if you think money gives security to a girl, I can give the security to my wife"

He looked at his parents.

"Dad, make Khushi your legal hire and write your properties in her name," He said making everyone stunned.

"And, my bank details will be handled by Khushi. You know I will not have time to manage household expenses. More than that, I want her to continue her social services. She needs money to do that. So, she will have the freedom to spend money because it will remain OUR money. One more thing, I won't stop her if she wants to do a job. Just because she is the wife of a collector, she doesn't need to lose her identity... More than a Mrs. Collector, I want her to be a social worker because I know its value. Our country needs such selfless people. And, I'm a collector. I don't want to be a bad example by getting dowry from my in-laws"