36 Simple Human

Part 36 Simple Human

The next Morning

Arnav came out of his room and saw his parents having tea.

"Come on, Chotte, take a cup," Ratna said.

"Thank you, Mom" Arnav sat with them and took the cup.

"When will your in-laws come here to finalize the date?" Arvind asked.

"Maybe today or tomorrow. Don't worry they willnot come unannounced" he sipped the coffee.

"What do you decide about your wedding? When do you want it to happen?" Arvind asked.

"He will marry Khushi even this minute..." Ratna teased.

"Is there any chance for me to marry her this minute?" Arnav asked, making a serious face.

Arvind controlled himself from throwing up the tea.

"This is too much, Chotte..."

Arnav laughed.

"Shall I call Mr. Gupta and ask their schedule?" Arvind asked.

"Good idea, Dad...! go ahead... they may be hesitant to call us"

"Give me his number"

Arnav said and Arvind typed it in his phone. He called Shashi immediately. Shashi attended the call and said,

"Namaste, sir, what can I do for you?" he asked thinking that the call was from the public.

"I need a wedding certificate immediately, sir," Arvind asked in a serious tone. Arnav and Ratna were chuckled.

"Wedding certificate? It's not our department, sir. You can get it from the register office or court" Shashi said sincerely.

"No, sir... I can get the certificate only if you are ready"

"I think you don't understand. Please go to the Taluk office. They will explain you in detail. I'm in the election department now. Or else, I will help you"

"Shashiji... I'm really impressed. I never have seen such a polite officer in my life"

Shashi was silent because he didn't get it was Arvind.

"I'm Arvind Singh Raizada... I would like to get my son's wedding certificate...I hope you understand now"

"Arvindji... you? I'm sorry, I thought..."

Cutting him,

"It was from the public... right?"

"Jee..."

"I called you to know when will you come to our house to finalize the wedding date"

"We will come today, sir" Shashi said.

"Ok, sir. We will be waiting for you"

"Jee"

They disconnected the call.

"They are coming today" Arvind said.

"Fix the date soon, Dad"

"As soon as possible"

"Ok, I'm leaving" Aranv said.

"Won't you be at home when your in-laws come?"

"Dad, I'm a collector. Don't forget that. I can't be at home for every program. Just fix the wedding and let me know. I will make myself free on the day"

"Don't you think this is too much?"

"Dad, this is how I'm working. Not only me, even Mr. Gupta is not free. I don't know how he is going to manage his schedule" he chuckled.

Man of My HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara