Chapter 5: Uncomfortable Marigolds

Skip to 1:00 on the song.
Sorry its boring, it will get better promise! Please comment, share, and vote!

"There's time inside my tears,

Making diamonds on the wall.

Heavy forest, summer night,

I confess that I'm a lightweight."-Kelsey Bulkin

Korali's Pov.

I had been in that house for hours and I had explored all that I possibly could on the lower level. We'd gotten here about noon and now it was about 9 at night; Jordan still gone. The house was huge, and on the lower level alone there were about four other rooms—which had locked doors, a bathroom with built in Jacuzzi tub and a full shower, and a nice kitchen. The upper level just seemed ominous, like Jordan would throw a fit if I was caught up there. So I didn't venture up yet, despite wanting to. But at least I learned my way around so now I wouldn't get lost on this part of the house.

Although seemingly miasmatic, something—most likely boredom, but calling me to go up to Jordan's level. I stepped a foot on one stair that led up into what I assume to be Jordan's world, but then thought against it heading to the raised room where the glass paneling was at.

I sat there staring into the darkness. There was one house that was near that was lit up, but it was still super far from here; its obvious Jordan liked his privacy.

When I saw a group of people walking out of the forest and onto the open land where this house was located, I noticed their attention snap to me. I continued to stare, hoping that I would be shown a friendly face amongst the sneers I got earlier. They stopped moving and just stood there, three boys and two girls.

I was sadly mistaken when I saw their expressions morph into grimaces and I was especially alarmed when they started to walk towards the house. I quickly ran to the side door, and back door, locking them before heading back to the glass room.

"Who are you?" One of the guys asked his eyes narrowed at me accusingly. What for? I had no idea. But he was angry. He spoke through the glass, although the house was elevated so he wouldn't be able to see over it without stepping away from the house a bit. I heard one of the girls whisper "She's in the Alpha's house."

"I'm Korali. I'm—" the door slammed open and I turned to see who charged in.

"Why was the door locked?" Jordan stormed towards me, his face the look of pure irritation. Which I didn't understand, seeing as he's the one who locked it. I noticed the difference in his appearance. He was wearing a thin wife beater, his nicely shaped bicep catching my attention first. His body looked like Marlon Brando's in A Streetcar Named Desire. I would drool right now if it weren't for his dark stare.

"You locked it on your way out." I replied softly, not wanting to argue with him over such a petty topic.

"What are you doing?" Well, he's said more than a few words to me, I guess.

"Some of your pack members came to—" he walked up to where I was and sent a warning growl which sent them scurrying out of the area.

"What'd I tell you?"

"Jordan, I didn't leave the house. Obviously." He was becoming annoying with the assumptions, when the answers were in his face. I was trying my hardest to just stay mellow and level with the neoteric change for him, but we were both going through change, not just him.

"What'd you say to them?"

"Nothing, you came in as I was trying to answer." It got quiet for a minute just the sound of Jordan's heavy breathing and a television on in the background. "But I'm glad your back," I murmured timidly. "We can finally—"